Chapter 58

Karen makes dinner for us, somehow she doesn't spill water all over the place like she usually would. It's just some dino nuggets. It's cute.

Kenny pokes at his food for a while, I can tell he's still sad. I wasn't awake when everything went down so I don't have all the details but it definitely messed him up. I've never seen him like this. I need to find a way to cheer him up.

"Kenny? Will you help me unpack in your room when we finish dinner?"

"Sure."

Karen raises her hand, "I can help too!"

I get out my phone and open my notes. I quickly type something up and hand it to Karen under the table.

Say you can't help. I need some alone time with Kenny, I'm gonna try and cheer him up.

She nods and hands my phone back.

"Actually... sorry Marjorine, I can't help tonight. I have a big project. Kenny should be enough help anyway."

Kenny gets up, "Should we start now?"

"But, you haven't eaten anything."

"I can't eat. I just keep seeing his face... Sorry. I'll be in my room."

Karen and I look at each other.

"I guess I'll go try and cheer him up."

"Good luck."

Kenny is in his room opening boxes. "Hey, you didn't pack much so this shouldn't take long."

"Kenny, can we talk?"

"Sure. What's up?"

"Come sit."

He sits next to me on his bed and crosses his legs.

"Kenny, I'm worried about you. I know you'll get better in time but for now... Is there anything I can do to cheer you up?"

He sighs, "I don't know. Everything is so jumbled in my head..."

"Do you regret what you did?"

"Of course."

"Well, I want you to know that I'm glad you did it."

"What?"

"I almost went blind. I wasn't in a spot where I could exact my revenge. You did it for me. And you saved me. Don't forget that. My life would be hell without you. I'm my opinion, he deserved it. I don't think you're wrong for what you did. I'm proud to be able to say my boyfriend would kill someone for me. I love you so much, Kenny."

He stares down at his hands."...Thank you, Mar. I think I really needed to hear that."

"Of course. Now, let's get your mind off all of this!"

"How do you plan on doing that?"

"I have something in here somewhere..."

I rummage through the box and find what I was looking for.

I turn to Kenny, keeping the item behind my back.

"What is it, Mar?"

I shuffle towards him and smirk. "A little surprise for my lovely boyfriend~"

"What?"

I wink at him. His face goes red. He's so easy to read, I know exactly what's going through his head right now,

"Close your eyes and lean back a bit."

He gulps and follows my instructions.