When they have a nightmare while you aren't there

Tommy:

He stares at the ceiling; telling himself it was just a stupid dream. If he has a bit of time left to sleep he just stays awake. But if he has more hours to go he closes his eyes; recalling fun memories he has shared with you. This usually works. Until the embarrassing moments with you rise then he ruined it and now might as well just shift his mind by going to have a beer.

Paulie:

He has quite many; and usually they are of someone entering his place to kill him while he sleeps. Or that someone now tries to kill you whiile you are away from him so he can't keep you safe. So he calls you, even if it's in the dead of the night, then starts asking many questions and/or rambling for so long you almost fall back asleep on the other end of the line. Sometimes it's of serious things, other times simply weird small definitely-could-have-called-in-the-morning-for-this stuff.

Sam:

He groans as he begins squirming around; trying to go back to sleep as he knows it's just a shitty dream. But usually it fails so he just decides to get up and go get himself a coffee, or even an alcoholic drink if it has been a tough few days. If it's a time you are awake at he will give you a call; acting as if he called simply to know if you are still returning at the time you said so.

Vito:

He calls you if it was a nightmare about you. He has to be sure you are safe and it was just a nightmare. If it's of the war he just sits on the edge of his bed, staring ahead; trying not to think of it but unable. Sometimes he will take out his military uniform and just stare at it then hides it between his clothes again and crawls back in bed with a sigh.

Joe:

He rubs his face a few times then will go have a drink and just slouch on his couch, .Not thinking of anything, yet thinking of everything. Sometimes he gives you a call, acting it up all playful and as if he's simply checking in on his favorite person but by his tone you know it's more than just a friendly call so both will end up having a long, deep conversation.

Henry:

If it's still too way too early to wake up he will try to ignore what he just saw and heard and go back to sleep. If it's just an hour or two before he should wake up he decides to get up and go make himself a coffee. He always tries to ignore it all as it was just his mind messing with him: nothing more. When you meet up and ask how he is he won't say he had a nightmare, just that his sleep got a ruined so shitty.