Chapter 15: Swampy Memories Part 1

"Everglades National Park"

It's been a while since Dario ever hunter in home turf, usually he had to travel and hunt in other states or fly to different countries.

But now he was hunting in Florida, more specifically, the Everglades National Park.

He arrived in Everglades city not to while ago, it was a 4 hour drive.

He was currently lurking in the swamps of this national park, mostly filled with dirty swamp water and who knows what was lurking down there.

He had to worry about the alligators, and it doesn't help since one of them is actually a target trophy.

But on this hunt, he wasn't alone.

Seth decided to assign Marcus Courtois, who was supposed to go to Thailand.

Dario then noticed a mosquito flying around him.

Dario: Damn, mosquitoes too?

He tried his best to ignore it and then Marcus called out from afar.

Marcus: Any sights?

Dario: No, nothing.

Marcus then soon joined him and managed to clap the mosquito that circled around the Americo-Macedonian.

Marcus: There.

Dario: Thanks.

Marcus: So, you're half European too?

Dario: Mom is from Macedonia and I have roots there.

Marcus: I see, it's a pleasure to meet a fellow European like you. I don't know if Seth told you, but I come from Belgium.

Dario: Cool, how's it like in there?

Marcus: Oh it's nothing special, just being the lesser known sibling of an older brother that's more famous.

Dario: I wanted to ask you that, is there by any chance you being related to Thibaut Courtois?

The Belgian nodded.

Marcus: Yeah, unlike him or my other siblings I choose to pursue a different sport instead of a ball. Hunting.

Dario: That's cool, I like your brother's work. If you see him in the future tell him I said hi.

Marcus: I will...

Dario was about to say something but then.

Marcus: Look out!

He grabbed a hold of Dario and pulled him as he was about to enter an alligator infested water, there was even a sign.

Marcus: You should be more careful of your surroundings.

Dario: Right thanks and sorry.

Marcus; It's no worries, anyways we should split up that way we cover more ground. When you gun something down contact me so we can meet up ok?

The Americo-Macedonian nods as they split up.

Dario was now all alone and was searching for a trophy.

Then another mosquito flew around him, making the hunter groan.

Dario: Again? Shoo! Shoo!

He waved at it and tried to smack it but it flew away faster around him. As if it was trolling him.

Dario: Ugh, how I wish I brought a bug repellent.

He tried to swat it away but it made him drop his gun in small puddle of water.