Chapter 28: Change of plans, you're going somewhere else

The scene changed to Dario and the girls, the were sending off their boyfriend who was partnered up yet again with Marcus as they were going to Iowa.

Dario: Alright girls you know the drill, stay in line and nothing bad happens.

Hurricane: Will you relax, nothing bad will happen.

Sprinter: Yeah we got ourselves under control.

Cottonwood: And how long will you be out?

Dario: Depends, maybe 1-2 days Cotton. All I know is that I have Marcus to help me out.

Maple: I still don't trust that guy, he's off. I'd come but I have to stay and put these guys in line.

Peekon: Relax Dary, we'll behave well on our own. You just do your own thing and-

Banny: Have fun, because you usually do have fun there right?

The hunter chuckled before kissing all of them on the cheeks.

Dario: Well girls I-

Then Dario's phone rang, he pulled it out to reveal Seth calling.

Sprinter: What does he want now?

Dario: I don't know let's find out.

He accepted the call.

Dario: Hey Seth, I'm on my way to pick up Marcus and-

Seth: That's what I was gonna talk to you about, there's a change of plans.

Dario: What do you mean?

Banny: Uh oh.

Seth: Apparently there was a forest fire in Effigy Mounds, the place where you guys are supposed to hunt in Iowa. So the monument is closed until further notice.

Hurricane: Does this mean he won't go? *excited*

Dario: Well sir what happens me and Marcus now?

Seth: I sent Marcus to hunt in Arizona, meanwhile you're going solo in Oregon.

Dario's jaw drop when he heard the change of plans.

Dario: But that's a longer drive it's probably gonna take me a day and a half to get there and pass multiple states.

Sprinter: Well, RIP Dario.

Seth: I am genuinely sorry for this and for you wanting to go with Marcus again but to this I'm willing to pay you double the price for these next few hunts.

Dario: Oh you better, because this a huge request man.

Seth: You have my word my friend, I'll call you when you arrive there. Your destination is Smith Rock state park. Good luck.

Dario ended the call and groaned in exhaustion.

Dario: Well girls you heard him, this is gonna be a long one for me, plus the weather is unbearable. It's basically mostly a desert there.

Banny: That's ok Dary, it's a good thing he didn't send you there because you and Marcus would get burned without knowing it existed.

Maple: Yeah, a change of plans was kinda needed. At least you won't have to deal with Marcus.

Dario: Aww, glad you guys could understand.

Hurricane: We always do, and next time when you go you gotta pick one of us to come with you somewhere. You better swear on that!

Sprinter: You can't go out there in the wild all alone now.

Dario: Oh alright alright, I'll consider it.