Chapter 123: Ensnared Independence

The scene changed to Basher and Night Howler who were out on the outbacks, looking for something....or someone.

Night Howler: Dario! Dario! Where the bloody hell are ya?!

Basher: *had his hands over his mouth* Katherine! Katherine!

He looked at the dingo as he placed his hands on his hips.

Basher: Nothing...it's as if the earth opened up and swallowed them whole.

Night Howler: Ugh! Why did he have to make it difficult for us!?

Basher: Rage shall get us nowhere Night Howler, patience is the key.

He then closed his eyes trying to sense something, the wind blew on his left side as it still rained.

Suddenly he heard laughter coming from his left side, the echidna turned to the direction.

Basher: This way.

They then turned to the left as they saw from afar Dario and Katherine who were walking in a direction whilst having a laugh or two.

Dario: And then I beat him in our bet, I killed far more trophies than he ever did and he gave me a check of money, even tho he pussied about it.

Katherine: With Trump? You managed to make a monkey out of your former president and took some money? That's rad there.

Dario: Not as rad as the time I managed to kick away some wolf's head like a football and scoring a goal.

Katherine: You mean soccer?

Dario: Haha, no we call it football in Europe.

Katherine: Ok, I respect it. *warm smile*

The two exchanged warm glares as they got along well.

Night Howler: There you are! We've been looking all over for ya!

They approached the duo.

Katherine: Oh..hey guys, how's it going?

Basher: Hello Katherine, and hello to you too Dario. Where have you two been off to?

Dario: Busy hunting emus-

Katherine: AND we managed to kill off the emu leader, chase away his herd and best of all...kill my shitty now ex boyfriend.

Dario: Three birds with two stones.

The two fist bumped.

Night Howler: You killed Dick? Fucking finally! Haha.

Basher: Ah, I assume he tried to-

Katherine: Yup, Dick being Dick but I'm glad I could his ass to sleep...permanently~. *evil giggle*

The female dingo turned to Dario and tapped his chest.

Katherine: And I have Dario here to help me out, such a gentleman aren't ya mate?

Dario: Pleasure doing business with ya, blacky.

Katherine mildly blushed at the nickname. Night Howler giggled and Basher tilts his head with a smirk.

Basher: I must ask human, how strong can you throw a punch?

Dario: I don't wanna make it sound threatening, but wanna find out?

Basher: A punch out? My favorite kind of game!

He wrapped his arm around the hunter's shoulder.

Basher: I am beginning to like you even more human, why not stay in Australia a little bit longer.