Chapter 45: Tensions

The scene cuts to Dario who was lying asleep in a bed of grass inside a big tent, he was covered with a brown blanket. He was bandaged on the forehead while having a couple of bruises on his cheeks, he was bandaged on his chest and his left wrist.

From a hole sunlight shined down and onto the Americo-Macedonian's face, causing him to slowly wake up from slumber.

Dario: *groaned* Five more minutes....

He turned to the side so he could sleep some more but then he heard a voice and it was a familiar one.

???: Oh, you're awake! I'm surprised you because of the fight you had with Black Chief.

Dario immediately turned to look around where the voice came from and he saw Indulu.

Indulu: Good morning human. *waved at him with a smile*

When he saw her, he wasn't too happy. Dario remembered that she was the one that proposed for him to fight the now rhino trophy himself, he was rather angry at the move.

Dario: What are you doing here? Where Sprinter and Ruch?

Indulu: Oh don't worry don't worry, they're sleeping in a seperate tent. You see last night was rather wild, after you took down Black Chief everyone were ready to celebrate with you but you were out cold so Mwanga and Maulu escorted you to their tent which is here, patched you up and left you to rest.

Dario: So you guys were celebrating the fact that I killed a dictator, did any of you get drunk?

Indulu: Maulu, Sprinter and Ruch.

Dario: Ah damn, I should check on the girls to see-

Indulu: No no no, you're staying here. You shouldn't disturb cheetahs when they're in deep sleep.

Dario: I missed the part where I didn't give a damn about your opinion, get lost.

He was slowly getting up and ready to walk out but the cheetah trophy sits him back down.

Indulu: No, you should still rest up. I'm here to help you in what you need.

Dario: Oh so now you wanna help? Well I got a question for you then...

Indulu: Yes?

Dario grabbed her by the sleeve of her hoodie.

Dario: Yesterday...why did you pin me against an animal that's capable of killing a human in a fist fight. And even if you wanted to help why didn't you step in, were you watching me to get killed?!

Indulu: No it's not what you think. Sprinter has told me you were strong and that you faced a lot of us animals that can change into humans, and I thought if you faced Black Chief in a Mashindano then you'd indirectly free us from his control if you won. And you did! Because of you his group is disbanded.

Dario: That still doesn't change the fact I was in a near death experience. What would've happen if I actually died? Huh?!

Indulu: I...I...

Dario let's her go and looks away.

Dario: I thought I could trust you...I guess sparing you was a mistake...

Indulu: What's that supposed to mean...?

Dario just glanced at her with a death glare, straight into her purple eyes. Indulu took the hint and she looked away.

Indulu: I see...you're angry about yesterday...what I did was stupid...

Dario: Took you long enough to nice it.

Indulu: I'm sorry...

Dario: Hate to break it to you but sorry isn't gonna cut it, what are the girls gonna think when they see me in this state? What am I gonna tell my boss about this?