African Arc Chapter 143: Deep Rooted

We see Katherine, Phantasm and Adrienne who were lead by Jombo to where most of the hippos are eating watermelons peacefully, without hostility.

Jombo: Here we are friends, paradise!

Adrienne: If by paradise you mean a pigst-

Katherine shuts the ibex's mouth.

Katherine: Well you sure guys like them melons, who's hooking you up with them?

Jombo: Oh, that lion over there.

He pointed at a direction, the hippo's finger was leading to a man with a grey cloaked cape over his head, his clothes were white but they were torn and muddy.

Katherine: Uh huh, did he tell you his name?

Jombo: Yeah, it's Manu.

Katherine: Right, come on ladies.

Adrienne: Why are we wasting our time here?

Phantasm: So you could ask. *smirk*

Adrienne: Je te déteste...(I hate you...)

The trio approached the man, he looked up at them.

Katherine: So, Manu...Or should I say Reza.

The man took off his cloak and it was indeed Reza, he wasn't all to happy to see Katherine.

Reza: You again?! Why must you follow me everywhere I go?

Phantasm: So, you're the lion that Shenri told us all about huh? Gotta say, a real bad spot for ya bourgeon. (bud)

Katherine: Ok Reza, what's the deal now? What are you up to-

Reza shooshed Katherine.

Reza: Listen, recently everything has been going badly for me after everything.

Katherine: What do you mean by that? I'm not exactly convinced.

Reza: I'm trying to start a new life here with these hippos. When you kicked me out of Senegal I had to travel through Mali, Burkina Faso, Benin and now I finally found a place to live in Nigeria. And it was a harsh journey where I had fight to survive, from snakes to elephants, it's as if the whole world is out to get me.

Adrienne: Didn't ask.

Katherine: But where did you get these melons from?

Reza: Moving on, I met these hippos who I kindly asked if I could stay but in exchange they wanted me to find something, so I have found melon seeds, assuming they were dropped by accident from a human to which I started to grow them myself and the hippos found them pleasing and delicious. As long as I keep gathering them melons I have guaranteed security and a home here.

Phantasm: I find that odd, didn't Dia say that melons don't grow on their own without humans. How on Earth did you grow them yourself?

Reza: I have no clue who she is nor what humans do, all that matters to me is that I finally can live in peace.

He then pleaded to Katherine with his hands clasped.

Reza: Please girl, I beg of you to not ruin the last shred of hope I have. I really am desperate for a fresh start, and this is my big breakthrough.

Katherine: O...kay? Well as long as you're not causing trouble I'll leave you alone.

Reza: Thank you thank you thank you! By the way...where's the human that's always with you?

Phantasm: Oh, he got blown away and stranded from us, he's out there somewhere.

Katherine: By the way have you seen 5 leopards around? There all differently colored.