European Arc, Chapter 100: Vengeance

"Flashback"

We see a herd of 30 muskoxen traversing a frozen plain, slowly walking one by one, like a line.

There were also calves along the way. Most were small to medium, but there was one that stood out.

There was a big calf, with dark red fur and orange eyes. It was a young Vidarr.

The calf walked side by side with his father, who was the patriarch of the herd.

The little calf was happy, so was his father. He stopped to lick his son's face as a gesture of affection between father and son.

Seeing as he was having a growth spurt at a young, Vidarr wanted to be as strong and capable like his dad.

But one moment everything changed.

A loud howl was heard around the plain, the herd of muskoxen formed their own defense circle as a response.

They all kept their young inside or underneath them for protection. Vidarr was beside his father as he instead of being scared he was determined like him.

Then the heard were face to face with their pursuer.

It was Fenrir, he had blood around his pawns, chest and muzzle as a reminder of his last hunt.

The muskoxen were afraid of who was the one hunting them. The wolf approached them slowly.

Vidarr's father did a mock charge to scare Fenrir away to which the wolf responded with slowly backing away whilst walking around a circle.

Then more muskoxen tried some mock charges as the wolf took more steps back.

Fenrir then eyed an open gap, he saw a young and defenseless calf with its mother beside him. The wolf grinned with glee and ran passed the defenses trying to snatch the calf.

But then Vidarr intercepted Fenrir and tackled the black wolf away. The young muskox huffed as the wolf got up and growled in anger.

He charged and was about to tackle down Vidarr but his father intercepted trying to tackle him down, only for Fenrir do a reverse 180 and jumped up on the elder muskox and sink his teeth on the back of his throat.

Vidarr grew shocked as his dad tried to shake the wolf off, but Fenrir turned into his human form and wrapped around the back and continued to bite and bite the back of the throat.

The young muskox charged and tackled both, but was stopped by other male muskox who shook their head, meaning it was too dangerous.

Fenrir then bite the back of the skull of Vidarr's dad, the muskox stopped and slowly fell on his knees and then the ground.

All the muskox were shocked and grew scared.

Vidarr on the hand began tearing up while grunting in anger and sadness.

Fenrir turned to the herd, standing ontop of the corpse and howling, scaring them all away.

Vidarr gritting his teeth he charged and tackled Fenrir up in the air before landing hard on the ground, the wolf was growling in pain but was limping and escaping from the young muskox. He gave up and turned back into his normal form to leave.

Vidarr turning to his now dead father, he just stared at corpse with nothing to say as he continued to sob before collapsing ontop of the body to cry.

It was a moment he'd never forget...

"End of flashback"

Vidarr had slowly opened his eyes, to see a hand touching his forehead. His vision was blurry before he made it out to see the person he had saved from Fenrir.