European Arc, Chapter 78: Mud Bath

???: Fenandooooo~. Aí está você~. (There you are~)

Backed to a nearby tree, Fernando was scared shitless as he recognized the voice and its owner.

Then from all sides he was surrounded by wolves, they all had sharp and toothy evil grins and formed like a fence so the deer trophy wouldn't escape.

Then in front of Fernando came out 3 wolves, one of them was a black wolf that had green eyes and a scar on his right eye and was larger than the rest, it was the pack the leader.

Fernando: M-Mario...?

The wolf named Mario then smirked in a more teasing and suggestive manner, but had ill intentions behind it.

Mario: Fernando, como está meu veado favorito? Por que a pressa? Fique aqui conosco, junte-se a nós para jantar... é uma pena que você não tenha sido convidado por mim mesmo. (Fernando, how is my favorite little deerling doing? Why the rush? Stay here with us, join us for dinner...it's a shame that you weren't invited by yours truly.)

Fernando: M-mario, Eu não queria me intrometer- (M-Mario, I didn't mean to intrude-)

Mario raised his paw and put it on the deer's mouth.

Mario: Shhhhhhhhh, o líder está falando, quando eu digo que você pode falar você pode. (Shhhhhhhhhh, the leader is talking, when I say you can speak you may)

He removed his paw from Fernando's face and started circling the deer with a smirk.

Mario: Você parece assustado, o que aconteceu? Um dos meus homens aqui comeu uma das suas meninas? Ou... eles comeram um de seus amigos coelhos...*evil grin* (You look scared, what happened? Did one of my men here eat one of your girls? Or....did they eat one of your rabbit friends...?)

Fernando can just nod a no to the wolf pack leader.

Mario: Interessante....(Interesting)

He leaned to Fernando's face, making the deer feel even more uncomfortable.

Mario: Não precisa dizer mais nada... eu sei o que aconteceu... você falou demais e quase foi abatido por um caçador muito, muito longe do Parque Nacional. Então você correu todo o caminho como o pequeno covarde que você é e tropeçou em mim e na minha matilha... encolhido como o rapazinho que você é... (You don't need to say more...I know what happened...you ran your fat mouth and almost got shot down by a hunter far far far away from the National Park. Then you ran all the way like the little coward you are and stumbled onto me and my pack...cowering like the little boy you are...)

Shocked by the information, Fernando gulped.

Fernando: C-como você- (H-how did you-)

Mario: Você esqueceu que tenho olhos e ouvidos neste parque nacional. Desde que o último líder faleceu, sem saber... eu assumi o comando e decidi dedicar este bando para espalhar e ter nossa influência em todos os lugares. Resumindo, esta floresta é minha...ou preciso lembrar a você o que acontece quando as coisas ficam fora de controle...hmm? (Did you forget, I have eyes and ears in this national park. Ever since the last leader passed away, unknowingly...I took charge and I decided to dedicate this pack to spread out and have our influence everywhere. In short this forest is mine...or do I need to remind you what happens when things get out of hand...hmm?)

Fernando is silent, the wolf could only chuckle.

Mario: Mas... eu tenho que dar crédito a glupa... sem sua atitude arrogante e ousada, eu não saberia que há um estranho em nossa casa. Graças a você... há algo novo no cardápio para mim e minha matilha esta noite... considere-se sortudo por minha atenção ser atraída para o caçador, e acredite que já faz séculos desde que vi um humano quando governei. (But...I have to give you credit tho...without your cocky and brash attitude, I wouldn't have known that there is an outsider in our home. Thanks to you...there is something new on the menu for me and my pack tonight...consider yourself lucky that my attention is drawn to the hunter, and believe it's been ages since I have seen a human when I ruled.)