Chapter 64: Truth

The scene changed to back at the stand as we see Sinister talking to Twerp.

Sinister: Look at the deer man, how she's giving the tea to those suckers.

Twerp: I sure do boss, she's very nice.

Sinister: Didn't ask, have ya stolen some berries from those unsuspecting critters?

Twerp: Wait I had to steal? I thought you said smooth talking, I managed to seduce a squirrel.

Then a squirrel appeared on his shoulder and nuzzled the moose's cheek making him chuckle. The wolf groaned.

Sinister: Idiot! I'll do it.

We see Cottonwood on the stand serving some pine needle tea to local beavers.

Cottonwood: Here you go, please do enjoy.

The deer showcased a very friendly and welcoming smile whilst serving the wildlife.

Then she spots Sinister acting all suspicious as he walked passed the customers and somewhere off.

Cottonwood: Hm? And where's Sinister going?

Twerp: Oh umm, to get some snow?

Cottonwood: But why would he need more snow? We have enough around us right?

Twerp: Yeah...I seriously don't know why he wants more snow? Oh I know! Maybe he wants to build a snowman!

Cottonwood: Yeah, I guess you're right....

She totally didn't buy this but hid it well.

Cottonwood: Say Twerp, mind covering for me while I go check on Sinister?

Twerp: Oh absolutely! I might crack a joke or two haha.

Cottonwood: Good boy. I'll be back shortly.

She then rushed off while the moose trophy covered for Cottonwood.

Twerp: Hi! What can I get ya?

The deer trophy girl followed where Sinister went to. She was finding his recent behavior a bit suspicious and off character lately.

Cottonwood: What could he be up to...?

She followed his footsteps to see where it lead to. Once she stopped she gasped to see what was going on.

She saw Sinister who had sack filling it with berries, nuts and other supplies from the critters that he was selling tea to. The wolf trophy turned to see her.

Sinister: Cottonwood? I-I can explain darlin-

Cottonwood: No need, I can see what you're doing...you're stealing from other animals!

Sinister: Well it's not called stealing, it's called borrowing, but in a more different sense.

Cottonwood: That doesn't make sense! So...this whole stand situation is just a scam so you can steal all their supplies for winter?

The wolf was caught, he smiled and chuckled whilst releasing the sack and approached her, the deer girl slowly backed off.

Sinister: Bravo, bravo indeed. You want a medal for catching me detective?

Cottonwood: But why scam and steal?

Sinister: So that me and my group survive winter.

Cottonwood: But stealing is bad...

Sinister: And who told you that? Your mommy? Pft hahahahaha!

This made the deer girl angry.

Cottonwood: No it's not my mother, a hunter did! A hunter that can kill you once he gets his hands on you!