European Arc, Chapter 84: Întunericul Cade

Romania, a country in the Balkan Peninsula. On the colder side, and on the dark spectrum. All because of the influence of Dracula and other mythological folklore.

This took an interest to Dario to see what trophies can be lurking, especially in the Hoia-Baciu forest to which he's crossing now.

It was said the forest was haunted. According to local legends, ghosts and spirits lurk among the crooked trees.

One tale tells of a young girl who disappeared into the forest, only to reappear five years later unable to remember where she had been.

Another legend speaks of a shepherd who, along with his sheep, vanished within the wood. In fact, the forest itself was named after the shepherd that disappeared.

We see Dario traversing the forest, he was walking through a thick mist.

Dario: I heard by locals that this forest may be haunted, which is a sign that there may be trophies lurking around for me to find. Let's see what awaits me this time, there better not be racists.

He kept walking past a tree that had a hole.

From the hole a pair of blue eyes glowed and watched the hunter walk pass the tree.

Dario: Imagine if there's a trophy named after Count Dracula. I wonder what kind of animal would it be, if it were a bat then it'd be obvious.

He chuckled.

Dario: Too obvious.

???: Hello there.

Dario: HUH?!

He turned around and held his new rifle for defense but no one was there.

He heard a distant chuckle.

Dario: Who's there?!

???: Oh don't worry, just an eternal child of the night hehehe.

Dario: You're a kid? A ghost kid?

???: Well... maybe...

The chuckling continued.

Dario: Show yourself!

???: I don't wanna do that, it would reveal the surprise. After all I don't want master to have all the fun.

Dario: Master?

He was confused.

???: Oh you wouldn't understand human, usually I'd be those typical "Please leave the forest" type of guys...but I wanna play with you first.

Dario grit his teeth as he was now thinking about this kid.

Dario's mind: He must be a trophy, without a fucking doubt.

Dario: Can you tell me more about him?

???: I would... if you play with me.

Dario got even more confused.

Dario: Play? What do you wanna play?

???: Hide and seek. I hide and you seek.

Dario: That's kind unfair since I can't see you.

???: Alright I'll make things more fair for you human. Instead of counting to 50, you count to 10. How does that sound?

The hunter thought about it.

Dario: Still not fair but I'll take what I can get.

He then began counting from 1-10.

Dario: Ready or not here I come!