Chapter 62: Australian Outbacks

Australia, a country surrounded by the Indian and Pacific Oceans. Home to some of weirded fauna and wildlife that is isolated from the world.

You all thought Dario was going to hunt here?

No sir, you're wrong.

This time it's focused on Marcus Courtois, hunter extraordinare, and Luke Levine, Seth's nephew and Dario's apprentice.

The two were walking in a canyon like area, it was sunset.

Luke: Australia looks awesome so far, man these canyons are gorgeous.

Marcus: Indeed, but watch out for snakes...those things are everywhere and very venomous.

Luke: I heard. They have dangerous snakes and spiders here.

Marcus: You're lucky we're not hunting those things.

Luke: Then what? Koalas? *snickered*

The Belgian sighed and looked at the younger male.

Marcus: Well, not exactly. But we are tasked to hunt down a cassowary, a crocodile, a banteng, a dingo and a kangaroo.

Luke: Ah sweet a kangaroo. The boxers of animals, I can see the animal try and stomp on us or what not.

Marcus: That's not gonna happen as long as you stick beside me.

Then they were cut off by something as they heard the bushes shake, they stopped as they saw a wombat coming out.

Luke: Aww it's just a wombat.

Marcus: Hm, almost gave me a scare. Come on let's go in this forest like area.

They then went to the jungle-ish forest area, the two were close. Marcus had his rifle while Luke had his shotgun.

Luke: I thought this was all desert areas?

Marcus: Australia is also home to some vegetation here, jungles included. This should help us find the-

They stopped as they saw a black, orange and pink colored cassowary, with turquoise colored eyes. It was munching down on a fruit on the ground.

Marcus: There he is, our first target...

Luke: What's his name?

Marcus: You're not gonna believe this but he's called Five Toes.

Luke couldn't help but burst out laughing at the name.

Luke: Five Toes, what kind of a name is that haha?

Marcus: Shhh you'll-

Five Toes: Oh come on! It's not my fault my mom named that! You humans are like so condescending!

He then charged at the duo.

Marcus: Luke!

Luke: On it!

He then shot the cassowary trophy down with his shotgun, it lied limp on the ground.

Luke: That was easy. Now we-

Marcus: Look out!

Then they saw a yellow and brown colored banteng charging at them. The Belgian pushed the teenager away as the bovine trophy tackled the latter away.

Luke: Marcus!

Marcus: Luke! These things aren't fans of humans! Run!

Luke then made a run for it as banteng then charged at the teenager. Then Marcus fired a shot at the bovine which made it stop and turn its attention to the Belgian.