African Arc Chapter 131: Scrambled Eggs

The scene changed to the village where Dario and Francisca were. They were telling the villager about Gustave....well most likely lying saying they killed him.

Nene was sitting at a nearby rock waiting for Dario and Francisca to come back, to which they do.

Nene: Oh hey, how did it go?

Dario: He took the lie.

Francisca: Like how you said, Gustave changes locations from time to time.

Nene: Yeah, also I see this human territory is very crowded.

Dario: That'd be called a village Nene, it's like how lions have prides or hyenas with clans. Humans like us can take up territory up to 1000's.

Nene: That is very populous, humans are very interesting creatures.

Francisca: Yeah, but dumb at the same time~.

Dario: At least we don't roll in the mud all the time~.

Nene: Do you two always do this?

Dario/Francisca: Do what?

Nene: Argue.

Francisca: Sweetheart it's called banter, it's how most partners in human relationship tease one another.

Nene: Oh so not with physical playful nature and just with words.

Dario: Pretty much yes, she *points to Francisca* is one of the many that can sometimes be physical.

Francisca: Like this.

She grabbed Dario and pinned him down the ground and sat ontop of his back, she slapped his butt.

Dario: Hey! *blush*

Nene giggled at their banter.

Nene: That's very informative, you two match one another.

Dario: Yeah, can you get off me Francy?

Francisca: Hmmm...no. *smug*

Dario: I'm serious.

Francisca rolled her eyes and got up from Dario who got up as well, the hunter dusted himself.

Dario: So any luck with finding a mate, a male ostrich?

Nene: *mild blush* Oh umm...not yet...

Francisca raised a brow and crossed her arms.

Francisca: Not the social one I see?

Nene: Well...I'm more awkward than anything.

Dario: Hmm...care to let us help find a mate?

The ostrich's eyes light up with excitement, the boar looked at Dario with a smirk.

Francisca: Aren't you the problem solver?

Dario: Come one, she at least tried to help us earlier. Let's help her back. I mean how can you say no to that face?

Francisca looked back at Nene who had cute puppy eyes, the boar chuckled.

Francisca: Oh alright fine.

The scene changed to a savannah grassland, there were other ostriches gathered around as it was mating season for them.

Dario, Francisca and Nene arrived.

Dario: Hooo boy, it's mating season for you guys?

Nene: Mhm, the busiest time of year for us ostriches.

Dario: So who picks who?

Nene: Females do when males try their best to impress someone with their ostrich dances and flexing of feathers.