His Story

Lester's POV

I woke up with a banging ass headache to the sound of my phone ringing. I opened my eyes and grabbed the phone from my nightstand seeing it was Zay calling.

"Yo." I laid back against the pillow with my eyes closed.

"You sleep?" He asked.

"Nah I was rey get on a roller coaster." Stupid ass nigga asking me dumb ass questions early in the morning.

"Get smart again I promise I'll pop you when I see you."

"What you want bruh?" I spoke wiping my eyes and fully waking up.

"You need to get the fuck up and make some money bitch ass nigga!" He laughed before hanging up.

That shit was so pointless. I rolled my eyes as I sat up and went into the bathroom to take a piss. I woke up with a wood and I needed to get this shit handled.

I went back into the room and picked my phone up, smiling at my baby on my Lock Screen. I went into my contacts and called Mya. She came crawling back to a nigga when her and her boyfriend broke up and lucky for her I was single and ready to fuck.

"Hello?" She answered.

"What you doing?"

"Just left Starbucks, what you doing?"

"Just woke up, you tryna come see me?"

She paused for a second. "Hmmm, yea I can swing by but only for a little bit. I have a nail appointment in an hour."

"That's koo with me, c'mon."

She hung up and I got up and brushed my teeth and washed my face. After I was done my stomach started growling so I went into the kitchen to grab a bowl of cereal. I ate in silence as I sat and thought about the past year.

I still can't believe I fucked up something so good the way I did. I had a good thing going with Lee but I had to go and fuck on Courtney's crazy ass. I felt like shit every time I remembered what I did. I was so in my feelings over it for a while that I didn't speak to anybody, I just drank my sorrows away. I've honestly been inebriated since Lee left me. It was real bad the first few months after we broke up.

I was taking percs multiple times a day to numb the feeling, but eventually, I'd grown a tolerance for the shit. So I started drinking and I found my combo. Two Perc 10s and a bottle of Remy kept me straight. Everybody was tryna tell me that wasn't a good way to handle the situation but I had to do what I had to do to get by. I couldn't sit and be depressed over a bitch all day, I had shit to do. Money had to be made and I had a baby on the way. I didn't have time to reminisce.

I finished my cereal and wondered what was taking Mya's ass so long. I took out a pre-roll I had in my room and came into the living room to spark my blunt. I thought some more as I smoked by myself. When Lee left it was hard but I knew I had to tighten up. I spent my 21st birthday alone in my room drinking myself to sleep and that's when I knew the shit was getting pathetic.

I cut down on the percs but I still kept a drink around me. I couldn't be sober, I just had to distract myself. Two weeks after that me and the guys went to New York to handle our business and it went surprisingly well. We met up with Dboy and he was acting like a bitch, making jokes and shit like we cool or something. We all stuck to the plan and acted like this was a regular re-up until Twan pretended to count the money we brought. While Dboy was distracted I uped the blick giving him two quick shots to the head. My jaw clenched as I watched his body fall and twitch before he became still. I watched the life drain from his eyes and I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy that shit.