Conversations

Lee's POV

My emotions were all over the place as I flew down the highway. I never wanted to see Lester again, and I didn't think I would. I guess that was silly to think since we hang out with the same people. I had no intentions of being around him, so I had to get out of there quickly. But damn, he did look good. I hated that I couldn't deny the attraction I felt at that moment. But attraction meant nothing when a nigga ripped your heart out of your chest and stomped on it.

I pulled into the parking lot of my apartments, sat back in my seat, and sighed. I was drained after that shit and I just wanted to lay down. I got out locking the car and began walking toward the building.

"Lee!" A deep voice shouted and I turned to see Beezy walking towards me, fuck.

"Hey." I gave a small smile when we finally got to me.

"You look pretty, where you coming from?"

"D's house. I just went to see my nephew."

He nodded slowly and bit the inside of his lip, looking like he was contemplating what to say next.

"Can I come inside so we can talk?" He asked.

I didn't like the way that sounded. If Beezy wanted to cut me off he could just do that, we don't need to go all the way in my apartment to talk about it.

"Sure." I turned and walked up the stairs, him following.

I unlocked the door and placed my purse on the kitchen island before walking into the living room and sitting on the couch. Beezy sat next to me and wiped his hands down his pants.

He looked so good in his royal blue jogging suit and white beanie. He always captivated me with his handsome face and sense of style. He leaned back on the couch and sat with his legs open, basically begging for me to climb in his lap, but now was not the time.

"So, what's up?" I questioned.

"I think we should talk about what happened last night." He placed his arm on the back of the couch and looked at me.

"What about it?"

"Are you not happy with me?"

"Of course I am!" I spoke irritated."Beezy I like you, if I didn't I wouldn't have even let you up here."

"So then what are we doing Lee?"

"We're doing us! What's wrong with that?" I raised my voice.

"Stop doing that, I'm not tryna argue with you right now. You don't gotta get loud, I'm just tryna talk and figure this out."

"Figure what out? If you wanna go, you can go! You don't gotta be with me." I rolled my neck catching an attitude. We didn't need to talk about it, he could just leave me alone.

He looked at me like I said the most outlandish stuff ever, and I felt a little stupid realizing this wasn't one of those talks.

"Yo, this what I be talking about." He stood up. "I wanna be with you Lee, that's why I'm here! I wanna be your man but you so stuck in your ways you won't even let me be what I know you need."

I hopped up off the couch folding my arms. "And what exactly is it I need Beezy?"

"You need a man, not a little boy who plays games. I can tell whatever situation you had was bullshit and I can tell it hurt you, but you don't need to worry about that with me. Have I not been real with you about what I want since I met you?"

Beezy had a point. Since I met him he made it clear he wanted to be with me. If I had met him a year prior, I would have no problem being with him. But my view on serious relationships was skewed. I couldn't give Beezy what he wanted, not right now.