Thanksgiving

Lee's POV

"Come on outta there girl!" My papa yelled from outside the bathroom.

I was trying to take my pictures in his big ass bathroom mirror but he kept on being a hater. When I moved and made it clear to them I wasn't moving back in they took over my room and bathroom. My old bedroom was now an office space for my Nana, and my papa gave himself his own bathroom, no longer decorated in pink and white like I had it, but now in royal blue, baby blue, and grey.

"I'm coming!" I shouted from the other side after finally getting a decent picture.

"Lord have mercy girl, how much beatifying you gotta do? You were already late coming over here." My papa fussed as I walked out.

I just shook my head at the old man as I made my way downstairs and sat in the living room next to my nana on the couch.

"You look pretty." I looked to her in her cream and burgundy colored sweater jacket and medium blue jeans. She only had socks on her feet but she had shoes to match the cream color on her jacket and her gray hair was done up nice in falling curls to her shoulders as they shaped her makeup-filled face.

"Thank you." She smiled. "You do too."

"Oh, stop." I waved her off with a small smirk.

I thought my outfit was plain but I worked it. I wore a pair of leggings with an oversized knitted cardigan with black and white print and a black tank top underneath. On my feet, I wore a pair of low-top Rick Owens. I topped it off with my mini Gucci Supreme bag. My makeup was natural and my lashes were freshly done. I wore my natural hair down to complete the look.

"Where did you get that necklace from?" She questioned pointing at my chest.

"Zales." I touched the pendant around my neck. "I got it on sale."

My papa entered the room. "Yea on sale for what? $2000?" He sat on the other side of my nana and gave me a knowing look.

"Maybe." I blushed.

"Girl." He shook his head. "Why does everything have to have a name on it and cost so much for you to wear it?" He looked to me.

"It doesn't have to have a name papa." I sighed. "I just like the finer things in life. I don't see what's wrong with that."

"Hold it, nobody is saying it's wrong, I'm just asking why. You're gonna go broke doing that."

"I'll be fine, I go to work every day so I should be able to spoil myself when I want to."

"Yea you get to do that cause you have no bills." My nana pursed her lips at me.

"I do have bills." I corrected them holding up my finger. "Aniyah finally let me put in on the rent."

"What about utilities?" My papa questioned.

"I haven't got her to budge on that yet." I grimaced playfully.

"See, you're spoiled and that's your problem, just like your mama." My nana sat back and shook her head.

We watched a movie while we waited on the ham to finish in the oven. We decided to watch Dreamgirls, a movie I've absolutely loved since I was a kid. My nana first showed me the movie when I was about eight one weekend at her house. We used to watch it every time I came over on weekends and we slowed down a bit but still watched it all the time when I lived here.

"Curtis was supposed to love me!" I stood up and began to recite my favorite song and scene in the entire movie while dancing. When everybody turned on Effie and kicked her out of the group, I still wanna strangle Curtis' ass to this day.