Home

Lester's POV

"Nooo, boy!" Lee dragged over the phone smiling.

"Why not, bruh?" I laughed.

"Why would I come to your child's birthday party?" She deadpanned.

"Because I invited you, the fuck you mean?" I frowned at her.

She smiled, showing off that sexy ass dimple. "I appreciate that, but you know I can't do that. I'm just not tryna cause any problems." She spoke softly.

I smacked my teeth. "C'mon with all the scary shit. You ain't gone cause no problems."

"Ain't your baby mama gone be there?"

"Yea."

"Then there will be problems. I'm not tryna sit there with her, is you crazy?" She rolled her eyes.

"She ain't gone say nun to you, don't trip. And if she step outta line you know I'll handle it."

"Nah." She shook her head. "I don't even wanna bring that energy into fruition on Cai Cai's first party. Ain't she supposed to be staying with you after the party?"

"Yep." I nodded as I put the phone down to put my shoes on.

"Then call me when the party is over and I'll meet you at your house."

I picked the phone back up to see she was still sitting up on the couch in her bonnet, looking edible. I smirked thinking about what I'd do to her right there on that couch.

"Ok?" She snapped me and outta my thoughts.

"Yea, I'll call you."

"Ok, good." She smiled. "Y'all have fun today, I'll see you later."

"Ight."

She hung up and I grabbed my coat before going out to the car. Today was Caiden's birthday party and I don't know why Lee was being so lame about coming through. She claims to love my daughter so much but won't show up for her when need be. I'm not worried about shit Courtney gotta say about it either. If I want a muthafucker around, they gone be around.

I pulled up to gattiland and called Courtney to see when she was coming but of course, the bitch sent me straight to voicemail. I wasn't gone let her piss me off today so I just sighed and popped a xan before going in.

I made it into the building and was hit with the smell of pizza and piss. Damn, this place went downhill since the last time I been. Gattiland was basically an off-brand Chuck E. Cheese. They had huge ass movie rooms with tables where you could eat the food from the buffet they had. Then towards the back was a big ass arcade with all types of games and shit.

I walked past a couple movie rooms and back towards the party room we rented out. As I made my way in I saw my mama and sisters setting up the tables with pink cloth since the party was a Minnie Mouse theme.

"Well, look who decided to show up." My mama looked over her shoulder and stood up to hug me.

"Thanks, mama." I smiled referring to her setting up for me.

"Don't thank me, I knew you wouldn't do it." She laughed.

"Yea, lazy ass. That will be fifty." Bri walked up to me with her hand out to ask for money.

I looked from her face down to her hand and back up to her face. "Girl if youn' get the fuck out my face." I raised my eyebrow and laughed.

"I hate niggas who play broke." She rolled her eyes placing her hand on her hip.