Substance

Lee's POV

"Yea, I am happy!" I exclaimed rolling my neck as he started the car, flying down the road.

"You ridiculous, bruh. The fuck did fighting my baby mama do for you? You feel better about yourself?" Lester questioned with his voice raised and a small vein popping from his neck.

"Don't do that, this is all on you! You lied to me!"

"So that meant go fight?!"

"Yes!" I shouted glaring at him. "Why would you tell me she's ok with me being around Caiden when you knew that wasn't true?"

He sighed heavily swiping his hand down his face. "Because ion care what she say, Caiden is my daughter and if I want you around then that's that!" He yelled.

"You see that lil light skin bitch that was out there? That's her girl, and she been around! So you gone be around, but this ain't 'bout that. This 'bout you posting her like she's yours, that's why she's mad."

"I don't give a fuck! I wouldn't have ever posted Caiden had you not lied to me and made me feel like everything was ok."

"Everything was ok until you went posting shit! And keep yo ass off live, bruh, you doing way too fucking much!"

"Fuck you." I scoffed. "If anything I didn't do enough! Ima let you know now whenever Courtney wants a problem, we can fight! Anywhere, anytime, the fuck." I spat full of anger.

"You know how stupid you sound? Yall just fucking fought, what you wanna go again for? You always so quick to put yo hands on somebody then be mad when they fuck you up."

"Who fucked me up? Cause if it wasn't for them rings, shorty would've done zero damage, don't piss me off, Lester." I warned.

"Nah, you don't piss me off. Just sit back! You just did all this for no fucking reason and in front of my child!"

"Shouldn't have brought me over here." I shrugged.

"What you say?" He glanced between me and the road with a frown on his face.

"You heard me, I told you what we was coming over here for! If you ain't believe me that's completely on you."

"Whatever, Lee." He shook his head dropping the conversation.

We rode back to his apartment in a tense silence. His attitude towards me was bullshit, all I was doing was defending myself. And this is all his fault. He sat in my face and lied saying Courtney was cool with me being around her child, whole time she had no idea. Until I posted her baby, that was. If he should be mad at anybody, it should be himself.

When we got back in I grabbed my makeup and hair bags from his bathroom and leaned on the doorway as I spoke to him. "Ima go back home for a couple of days, let you cool down."

He turned his attention from the TV to me with a mean mug. "Ion need to cool down, that's you. And no, you not going." He looked back to the TV.

"The fuck you mean I'm not going?" I brought my eyebrows together, turning my lip up at him.

"Just what I said." He slid off the bed.

He walked over to me, his tall frame hovering over me as he stepped into my personal space. "Why you tryna leave?"

"You got an attitude, and I'm not tryna make it worse or argue with you."

He snickered pointing to his chest. "I'm not the one with a attitude, Ronda Rousey. I'm just saying all that fighting shit is dead. Y'all got y'all ones in and that's that, no need to keep going on with the bullshit."