Countdown

Reed was asleep when Overhaul abruptly woke her up and carried her to a big room with a couch in it. He kept her on his lap as more people walked in. Her eyes widened once she saw Toga and Twice also walk in.

"Toga...? Twice...?" Reed mumbled.

The two villains looked at Reed and their own eyes widened when they saw the state of her hair. Even though they hadn't known Reed for long, they could tell how much she treasured her hair. They then saw her shaky hands clutching onto her green ribbons tightly.

"What did you do to her?" Toga asked. Even though her voice was calm, anyone could see that she was angry.

"She disobeyed me." Was all he said.

"Alright, let's get down to business."

~

A couple of days later, Reed and Eri woke up to loud booms coming from above them. Kurono and Overhaul walked in and each picked up a girl.

Overhaul's grip on Reed was harsh, causing Reed to whine due to the pressure on her wounds.

"Shut up."

Reed quickly quieted down and looked at Eri who was being held by Kurono. Reed extended her hand and grabbed Eri's hand.

"Everything will be fine as long as the boss and I live. And as long as we have the finished products, I can bring us back from the brink of extinction."

The group was walking through one of the many long hallways, with Overhaul occasionally changing the building's layout. They passed by Toga and Twice on their way to their destination.

"With that being said, it's time to pull your weight, temps."

"Kay."

~

"You're right, Overhaul, we've finally succeeded." Kurono said.

"Yes. At first, the quirk erasing bullet was the only thing I had in mind, but after seeing her, I knew there was a new opportunity."

"But the process to make the bullets is expensive and takes long. It took us a month just to make five bullets. The Trigger on the other hand, we're able to make so many in such a short amount of time."

"We're making the bullets ourselves. Plus, with the Trigger we don't have to worry about having a sponsor. Reed's blood makes us enough money."

As Kurono was about to respond, he was interrupted by a new presence.

"Excuse me, gentlemen, but we need to talk. You've got some explaining to do. Why don't we have a chat about those girls."

Reed looked over at the blond third year with tears in eyes and waved.

Mirio looked at her and he became even angrier. Her previously long blonde locks were cut choppy and to her shoulders. She was crying and had bandages wrapped around her arms, legs, and neck. After finding out Reed's identity, he couldn't help but feel angry at himself and everyone who'd hurt her. Seeing her again had made his anger stronger.

"You shouldn't have been able to get here so fast." Overhaul responded with a bored tone.

"I took a shortcut. Now, give me the girls, I'm here to rescue them."

"Now that you know the situation, you've decided to play hero, eh, schoolboy?"

Mirio looked ashamed, but quickly shook it off and narrowed his eyes at Overhaul.

"You were happy being ignorant when we first met. Unfortunately for you, these girls don't want to come with you. You're no hero to them. That's why I'm here."

Mirio began to run forward, but then began stumbling, causing Overhaul to sigh.

"I'm not getting through to you, so let me be clearer. You are going to die down here."

Reed stiffened and her hold on Eri's hand tightened as she looked at the blond hero. He could tell she was scared and all he wanted to do was get her out of Overhaul's grip, but he had to think carefully.

"Oh right, before I forget." Overhaul said as he pulled out a needle.

"Shigaraki told me to give this to you, since you haven't been eating your medicine." He told the blonde girl in his arms.

Reed began thrashing and pushing herself out of Overhaul's arms. Mirio could only watch as he stumbled around.

"You'll wake up soon." Overhaul said before sticking the needle in Reed's neck. Her vision began to blur and her arms became slack at her side.

"Stop!" Mirio shouted as he tried to rush forward.

"Oh, don't worry, she'll wake up soon."

Mirio could only grit his teeth, trying to come up with a plan.

He just needed to stall him until the other heroes showed up to help.

He could do it, right?