Taken

Ten years ago

"As of now, eight newborns have gone missing from multiple different hospitals around the country. The police have had no leads so far."

A man with blond hair and brown eyes turned off the tv before looking at the baby in his wife's arms. They were thankful the baby was born healthy and alive.

"Looks like she got your quirk, Hiro." The woman told her husband.

"Looks like she got your ears, Akari." The two laughed and smiled at the sleeping baby.

"I want to see her!"

"Let me see!"

Two boys around the age of nine and twelve bounded into the hospital room pushing each other. The parents looked shocked before smiling at their kids.

"Can I see, mom?" The younger of the two boys said.

"Boys, calm down. Your mother just had a c-section."

"It's alright, Hiroshi. Aki, Eita, meet your baby sister, Kotori." The mother told her two sons.

The baby's hand sparked with electricity when her brothers held her hand, causing them to draw back in awe.

"She has her quirk!"

"Yes, but the doctor said it might go away after a while and then reappear when she's a little older."

The two boys smiled at their baby sister before looking at their parents.

"That's so cool!"

The family was interrupted by a black haired nurse walking in.

"I'm sorry, but I need to take her for some tests since she was born premature." Her words were a little muffled due to the surgical mask she was wearing.

The mother, Akari, held her baby for a few seconds as she scanned the woman's face. She was uneasy about giving her newborn to a nurse.

"Honey, we'll see her soon, don't worry."

Akari sighed before handing her baby over. She didn't understand why she felt nervous, but she felt like she had made a big mistake.

~

An hour had passed and Akari was getting anxious. She was biting her nails and watching her children play when a nurse came into the room without her baby.

"Where's my baby?" Akari demanded.

"I came to take your baby for tests. Where is she?" The nurse questioned.

Akari and Hiroshi's hearts dropped. Akari put her head in her hands and sobbed.

"Please, please don't tell me that she's gone."

"Pardon?"

"Another nurse already came and took the baby." Hiroshi explained anxiously.

"I was the only nurse assigned to your baby..." the nurse said before her eyes widened.

The nurse quickly pulled out her phone and called the police and security.

Soon the hospital was on lockdown and crawling with police officers. The two boys huddled next to their father, confused and scared.

"Dad, what's going on? Where's Kotori?"

"I'm not sure, Akihiro." Hiroshi told his son.

"But, they'll find her, right?" Eita asked

Hiroshi smiled at his youngest son and nodded, "Of course."

Unfortunately, the Shimada family would soon forget about Kotori and move on with their lives as if nothing happened, but everyone else would remember.