Tainted Freedom

Six years ago

"I don't want to, Riku!" Kotori yelled as she looked at the black haired boy.

"Don't yell. You know my hearing is sensitive because of my quirk." The little boy spoke quietly.

Kotori covered her mouth and frowned. She hadn't meant to hurt her friend. Tears gathered in her eyes as she looked at the boy.

"Kotori, it's okay. You didn't mean to, I'm not mad."

He patted her head and hugged her tightly, before feeling a shock and quickly letting go. Riku looked at Kotori, who was surrounded by electricity and his mouth turned up into a smile.

"Kotori, you got your quirk!" Another voice yelled from behind the two.

"Wow!"

"Now, we all have our quirks!"

"Guys, please be quiet."

"Sorry Riku."

All the kids were surrounding the young girl with blonde and black hair, smiling and cheering.

"What's going on in here?"

The kids turned around to see none other than their caretaker, Haruki Masaki.

"Kotori got her quirk!"

The woman's brown eyes widened and glinted with something unknown. She pushed some of the kids out of the way, so she could see the young girl.

"Kotori, show me." She demanded.

The little girl closed her eyes and concentrated. She then felt the familiar sensation of electricity surrounding her. She looked up with a bright smile.

"I did it!"

Kotori was suddenly engulfed in a tight hug from the woman.

"I'm finally free." She whispered.

The children had finally set Haruki Masaki free.

But Haruki Masaki had ruined those children for the sake of her own freedom.