Kurogiri's Final Goodbye

It had been a couple of weeks since Kotori had left the hospital. For the past weeks, she had been extremely bored, but on this particular day, she was excited.

"Are you excited to see Eraser Head and Present Mic again?"

Kotori nodded her head and sat on the couch waiting. When the doorbell rang, she jumped up. Her mother answered the door and allowed the two heroes inside.

"Kotori, how are you doing?" Mr. Aizawa asked with a smile.

"Good!" She exclaimed.

The adults began talking and Kotori had one question that was eating away at her. She tapped Present Mic's hand and he looked down at her with a smile.

"Is Kurogiri okay?"

Everyone stopped talking and the air became tense. Her parents looked confused and gave the heroes a questioning look.

"Who's Kurogiri?" Akari asked.

"He's the best! He took care of me and braided my hair!" Kotori exclaimed.

Her parents looked a little scared and the pros looked sad.

"Kurogiri is doing fine." Mr. Aizawa said.

It was silent for a moment before Kotori spoke again,

"I can fix him. I can turn him back to your friend again."

The two heroes looked shocked and then looked at her parents who looked like they didn't want that at all.

"What do you mean?"

"Um, I can use my quirk to turn him back. My quirk is the reason why he's all misty, but I can turn him back. He isn't like the other nomu, he won't go to sleep, he'll just turn back into that boy."

"Kotori, you don't have to do this..." Akari said.

The young girl looked at her parents with a determined look, "But I want to help him!"

Her parents sighed and knew their daughter wouldn't back down, so they agreed.

"Alright."

~

A week later, Kotori and the other kids went to a facility that was a little bit away from Tartarus prison. Their parents stayed close to them as Tsukauchi led them to a big room.

When he opened the door, they saw that Kurogiri was inside. The kids' faces lit up and they ran forward.

"Kurogiri!"

The kids jumped and hugged the misty man, and he let out a deep chuckle.

"I'm so glad to see you all safe. Now, I hear you all are going to help me." He said as he wrapped his arms around the nine kids.

"Just Kazuki, Kotori, and Hiroto." Ryusei replied.

"But your presence has helped me immensely. It makes me happy."

The kids sniffled as the fact that they wouldn't be able to see Kurogiri again afterwards sunk in.

"We're going to miss you!" They cried and hugged him tighter.

"I'll miss you guys too, but don't forget that I'll always be with you."

Kotori touched her braids and sniffled.

"Okay, Kazuki, Kotori, Hiroto, get ready. Everyone else, come back." Tsukauchi said over the intercom.

The kids gave Kurogiri one last hug and then left. Kazuki made a force field around Kotori and Kurogiri while Hiroto activated his quirk to look for where Kotori should aim.

"It's his neck." Hiroto said.

Kotori nodded and the two boys went back to where everyone else was. Present Mic and Mr. Aizawa watched nervously from above as the young girl got ready.

"Kotori, don't be nervous. I'm so, so proud of you and I'll miss you very much, but you're doing something wonderful for me. I need to go back so I can be at peace." Kurogiri knelt down and reassured the girl.

Kotori nodded and gave him one last hug, "Goodbye, Kurogiri, I'll miss you."

She put her hands on his neck brace and activated her quirk to its full potential.

Everyone watched as the force field shook and trembled. They watched as everything was shrouded in a bright white light. After a minute, the light died down and Kotori stood there with her head down.

In front of her was a boy with blue hair. Everyone gasped and Kazuki deactivated his quirk. Present Mic and Mr. Aizawa rushed down and knelt next to the boy with tears in their eyes.

"Tha..nk you, Ko..tori.." He said in a broken voice.

"Sho..ta, Hi..zashi, I'm so..rry. Good..bye." His eyes closed one final time.

Oboro Shirakumo was finally at peace.