The Home Stretch

It was the weekend before the training camp, and Reed found herself sitting in a room with a bunch of villains.

She sat next to Shigaraki, not really paying attention to what he was saying cause she found it boring. She was kicking her legs as she looked at all the new people, not realizing she was kicking Dabi's leg.

"Kid, stop kicking me." He said harshly.

Reed looked at him with bright green eyes and apologized. Her ears turned red out of embarrassment, causing Dabi to feel bad.

"It's fine, just don't do it again."

"Reed, stop fooling around and pay attention. Honestly, I don't know why I'm trusting a nine year old with my plans." Shigaraki said as he scratched his neck.

"I'm almost double digits!" Reed exclaimed back. Tears were gathering in her eyes at the harsh words.

"Yet, you can't read, write, or count." He retorted. Reed sniffled and her ears turned a darker shade of red.

"Great, you made her cry." Dabi said.

Shigaraki just rolled his eyes and opened his mouth to hurl more insults at the girl, but stopped when the tv turned on.

"Tomura, don't be mean to Reed, she's trying her best."

"But sir!"

"No, be nice to Reed, she's doing a good job." Then the TV turned off.

Reed got off her stool and went to Kurogiri who was behind the bar. He patted her back as she cried into his shoulder. She was getting so overwhelmed, and there were so many new people. She didn't want to be on the mission anymore, she wanted to go back to the lab and sleep for another year.

"She's cute! Can I cut her?" Toga asked.

Reed shuffled closer to Kurogiri and stared at the older girl. Toga smiled at her, but Reed just hid her face.

"Reed, it's almost time for you to go to sleep. Go get ready, I'll be there in a few minutes." Kurogiri told the younger girl and opened up a warp gate.

When she was about to step in, Shigaraki stopped her,

"Wait."

Reed looked back at him and tilted her head, signaling him to keep going.

"We want to get someone from your class to join, but we don't know who. Do you have any ideas?"

Reed thought for a moment before nodding, "Bakugo."

Shigaraki grinned underneath the hand on his face and nodded,

"That's what I was thinking."

Reed nodded and stepped through the warp gate to get ready to sleep.

~

The next day, Kurogiri warped Reed back to the bar where she was met with Dabi and Toga.

"It's the cute girl!" Toga squealed.

Reed looked at Toga and then quickly looked away, still a little frightened by the girl. Reed was waiting for Kurogiri to get the bandages to wrap around her arms that were stitched up.

"Where did you go yesterday? And can I cut you?"

Reed shook her head and held up her arms to show that she can't cut her. Toga looked at her with interest before Dabi shoved her out of the way.

"That's enough, you're scaring her."

Then she looked up at Dabi who was staring down at her with squinted eyes.

"But I am wondering the same thing, where did you go?"

Reed cowered back and tried to go around, but Dabi kept blocking her path. At this point she was on the verge of tears.

"That's enough, you two. If you want to be a part of the League then don't bother Reed." Kurogiri said as he approached the young girl with a roll of bandages.

"I was just teasing." Dabi said with a shrug and sat down on a stool.

After Kurogiri was done, he patted Reed's back and she sat down on the couch. Soon, the bar was filled with villains.

"Alright everyone, we're in the home stretch now. Reed has given me the schedule for the training camp, so we'll attack on the third night when they have their test of courage." Shigaraki then turned to the couch to see if Reed was listening, but found her asleep.

"Dabi, can you get her?" Kurogiri asked with a sigh when he saw that Shigaraki was getting irritated.

Dabi walked to the couch and picked the girl up carefully. She stirred a little, but then put her head on Dabi's shoulder and continued sleeping. Dabi gave Kurogiri a blank look to which he sighed and walked over to get the girl.

"She's exhausted, sorry about that." Kurogiri apologized as he took the small girl into his arms.

"Wake her up, she needs to hear this." Shigaraki said.

"Reed, it's time to wake up."

Reed whined a little, but opened her eyes and looked at the others in the room over Kurogiri's shoulder.

"We have to rely on her? Seriously?" A boy wearing a school uniform scoffed.

"My sweet Reed is the key to my plan. She will be the one to destroy the hero society, so please watch what you say." All For One's voice boomed from the tv, a threatening smile on his face.

"Y-yes sir." The boy stuttered out.

"Good. Please continue Tomura." The tv shut off after that, and everyone was silent as they listened to Shigaraki, occasionally glancing at the sleepy nine year old girl.