Fireworks

Everyone went outside and sat on the blankets that the students and teachers placed on the grass. The kids were sitting next to each other waiting for whatever was going to happen.

"What do you think will happen?" Kazuki asked as he stared at the sky.

"I don't know, but I hope it's exciting!" Ryusei exclaimed.

"Alright, everyone count to ten!" Nejire shouted.

The kids all counted and once they hit ten a burst of color lit up the air. The kids stared in awe at the colors and light.

The students were also watching the firework show they put on when they began to hear giggles. They looked over at the kids who were giggling and looking at the fireworks.

They all smiled and some even teared up. The kids' families teared up at the sound of their happy giggles.

Kotori turned around and gave them a bright smile that showed her dimples, "This is so cool!"

"Explosions!" Hiroto exclaimed with a smile, causing Bakugo to smirk.

The firework show went on for an hour and by the end of it, the kids had fallen asleep with smiles on their faces.

The parents picked up their children and carried them inside where sleeping bags were set up for them. Their smiles never faded as they slept.

Those nine kids were finally free.

Kotori Shimada was finally free.