Montague the Great Western Engine (Ex. GWR No. 5741, Pres. NWR No.8):

Sir Charles eventually bought one of the GWR's famous 5700 Pannier tank engines. His real name is Montague, but he prefers Duck. He started life as a shunter in Wales. He worked on the GWR until it was nationalized in 1948. Duck was sold to the NWR before he could be painted in any BR colors, which is why he showed up in his original livery. His sale must have caused an error in BR's books, so to amend it, a replacement engine was quickly built. After he officially became the NWR's No. 8, he was repainted in a lighter color that was reminiscent of the SR's Malachite Green. His running number is 8, but he has kept his GWR numberplates and lettering. Duck's career throughout the years has been mostly unproblematic. The only two incidents of note are the events of A Close Shave and Fish. Other than that, Duck has gone through his career with minimal incidents. He was given the Little Western in 1967 and was joined by many different engines that same year. He has always had a rocky relationship with NWR D6, or Capulet, because of their first meeting with each other. Eventually, they sorted out their differences when he came to the Little Western. Duck is a stickler for the rules and can be rather blunt but is still a good engine.