Sir Handel the Grumpy Engine (Ex. MSR No. 3, Ex. SAW No. 1, Pres. SKR No. 3):

Sir Handel is the 3rd engine on the Skarloey Railway. He was originally the 3rd engine for the Mid Sodor Railway and was called Falcon. On his first day pulling passengers on the MSR, he nearly fell off of the Mountain Road. It was lucky for him that Duke was there to keep him from falling. After this Falcon had no other incidents. When Stuart came to the railway, he and Falcon became good friends. When they were misbehaving, Duke told them about the former No. 2, Stanley, nicknamed Smudger. Nevertheless, they all worked together well until 1947, when the line was closed. All of the engines were either sold, scrapped or abandoned. Falcon and Stuart were sold to the Aluminium Works to help transform it into an Ironworks along with another engine. Falcon and Stuart were sold to the SKR, while the other engine stayed up at Peel Godred. Falcon was renamed Sir Handel, after the owner. At first, he was pompous and disobedient. But after Skarloey was sent to the works in 1951, Sir Handel learned sense. Then one day Sir Handel had an encounter with a steamroller named George. After George nearly derailed his train, Sir Handel began to hate George, and George felt the same. He still sometimes acted out from time to time, but he has become a better engine. Since he worked on the MSR, he and Peter Sam told the other engines about Duke, the MSR's No. 1. Then they both reunited with Duke in 1969. Sir Handel went to work on the Tallylyn Railway in 1984. After he came back a year later, he stayed on the SKR and still runs on it to this day.