Returning Home

"Well. Thanks for letting me stay Granny Chieko. I really appreciate it. Hopefully your son and husband visit soon." She gave me a hug that I easily returned.

"Don't be afraid to visit again soon Kiyomi dear." I nodded before pulling away.

I had stayed with them all week and 2 days. Listening to the tales Granny Chieko told to the two babies.

It was absolutely wonderful that she kept the past of the Uzumaki known to her Grandchildren. I adored it.

"Why'd you have to go Komi?" Haruki asked as he latched himself to my leg and refused to let go.
I laughed lightly and lifted him up.
"Because my little brother at home needs me. And I need him and my friends. But don't worry Haruki. We can always visit eachother." His multicolored eyes were peering at me.

"When you get to the big red gates of the Leaf. Tell the men that you want to see Kiyomi." He smiled slightly before wrapping his arms around my neck and hugging me.
"Okay Komi. Don't forget it." I hugged him tighter and pulled back to see Haruko blushing.

"What's a matter Haruko?" I asked. She came to stand next to me.
"I-I just wanted to ask i-if you could give this to Naruto and Sasuke." She handed two folded pieces of paper to me.
Each with a name on it.

Over the week, I had shared many of my own stories about my home, family and friends. It was in return for all the stories Granny Chieko told me.

"Oh yeah. And this to your brother." Haruki pulled his necklace from around his neck and broke a piece off.

A smooth teardrop shaped moon rock.

After wrapping a piece of string around it he held it to me.
"Tell him its a courage rock. Granny gave it to me when Mama died. It kept me strong." I accepted the gifts and hugged them again.

"And this one is for you. For your older brother Asuma." I looked to Granny Chieko who was holding a carved red stone in the shape of crystal.

"Tell him that it keeps you connected with those most precious to you." I nodded and reached my hand into my weapons pouch.

Grasping at an object almost forgotten by myself. Yet it always remained in this bag.

"Here. I want you two to have these." I held out two wooden carved figures. One was a panda and the other was a hawk.

"I carved them from a thick branch of a special tree of mine with a kunai. I was ment to give them to Old Man but, never got the chance." Haruki took the panda while Haruko took the hawk.
"And Granny Chieko, here."

From my other weapons pouch, I grabbed a special red stone I had gotten from Kinan one birthday long ago.
"I never knew the symbol or why he had given it to me but, he said he spent hours finding and crafting out the right pattern." It was the Uzumaki crest, carved perfectly in a blood red stone that was smooth to the touch.

Her eyes held such sorrow as she looked to the special crest in her grasp.

"Thank you Princess." I gave her a hug, crushing Haruki between us.

"Bye guys. Thanks again." I smiled as I waved and took off towards my home.

~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~><~

^3rd Persons^

Kakashi was running behind one of his oldest friends as they raced through the village.
"Asuma!" He called.

Naruto and Sasuke were at his side trying to catch up to the speeding Jonin Sensei.

"Hey, Sasuke!" Naruto called as they ran along rooftops.
"What dobe?" The annoyed Uchiha asked as he turned his head to face the blonde dobe.