Chapter 71

Almost Is Never Enough

Chapter 71

Nathan went downstairs where Jay and Annie were watching TV. "Hey," he said, shaking Annie's hand, "I'm Nathan-I'm sure you've heard quite a bit about me..." He said, laughing a bit.

"Yeah, Jay and I were actually talking about you," Annie giggled.

"Oh god..." Nathan said, "what did he say?"

"Oh nothing, nothing," Annie said, trying to restrain her laughs.

"Tell me!" Nathan said.

"Okay, gosh." Annie said. "We were talking about the time you and Max got so drunk you passed out outside in each other's arms. He also mentioned how she woke you both up."

Nathan turned bright red. "Jay, do I need to bring up the YouTube playlists of you falling?" He said.

"Everyone's already seen those." Jay said. "There's a hashtag called trip like Jaybird for a reason."

Everyone laughed a bit. "So how is she?" Annie asked.

"She's asleep in Jay's room right now," Nathan said.

"She must be tired. Little girl can't stay up late." Annie said. She then let out a loud yawn.

"I don't think big girl can stay up late either," Jay said with a laugh.

"Guess not," she said, blushing. "I should get home."

"Do you want me to drive you? It's pretty late," Nathan said.

"I'll be fine," she said.

"No, seriously, you're tipsy and tired," Nathan insisted.

"That's the terrible t's," Jay chimed in.

"It's not that far," Annie said.

"I'm bringing you home. That's final," Nathan said.

"Fine, just take her bags out of my car. I personally don't want to do that," Annie said with a small laugh.

"Alright," Nath said, grabbing his jacket and walking outside.

"I'll go help," Jay said before walking outside. "By the way, I think you've got an admirer."

"Funny," Annie said as Jay walked outside.

"So what do you think of Annie? She's cute," Jay said.

"Yeah..." Nath said.

"Oooo Nathan likes Annie!!!" Jay said with a laugh.

"Shut up. You know very well who I like," Nathan said, bringing the bags inside.

Jay followed him upstairs. "Oh come on, Annie is a lot like her," Jay said.

"I don't know mate. I'll always be stuck on her," Nathan said.

"Maybe you can be stuck on her twin downstairs then," Jay said.

"Whatever," Nathan said, putting the bags down and looking at your sleeping figure. You looked so peaceful sleeping. Nathan just wanted to get into bed with you like last night. Jay, however, was right next to him.

He went downstairs only with his wishful thoughts. "Okay Annie, let's go," he said. Annie slowly got up and followed Nathan out the door.

"Alright don't get too crazy kids!" Jay said as Nath flipped him off. Annie stuck her tongue out at him and got inside the car.

Jay walked back upstairs, stripped to his boxers, and climbed in next to you. He noticed you still had your dress on, but shrugged it off as he wrapped an arm around your waist. He kissed your temple before falling asleep.