Chapter 81

Almost Is Never Enough

Chapter 81

You got the pregnancy test and then drove back home, getting very nervous. You quickly got out of the car and rushed into the flat, the test in your hand. You ran upstairs to the bathroom and took the test, impatiently waiting for the result. When it came out, you were so relieved. It was negative. You ran into Jay's room, holding the test behind your back. "Oh hey guys..." You said, running into Nathan and Nareesha.

Jay looked at you. "What were the results?" He asked, extremely nervous. You showed him the test and a look of relief flashed across Jay's face. "Negative. Thank god," he said, hugging you.

"I know," you said, hugging him back.

Nareesha and Nathan hugged you too. "By the way, get new birth control pills, yours expired a week ago." Nareesha said.

"Wait...they did?" You asked.

"Yes," Nareesha said.

"Thank you Nareesha," you said. You noticed that Nathan was still hugging you. "Nath? It's fine. It was negative." You said.

"I know. I'm just so happy that it is," Nathan said.

"What? You don't think I'd be a good mom?" You said.

"No, you'd be a great mum. I was just worried that it was mine and not Jay's," Nathan said. You hugged him back and then let go of him.

"We'll leave you two alone," Nareesha said, taking Nathan out of the room with her and closing the door.

Jay hugged you again, picking you up and spinning around. You smiled and cheered in happiness as you leaned down to peck his nose. He moved his lips up to yours and kissed you in celebration before taking out his phone and sending out a tweet. "Everyone's always happy for the positive things in life. Today, I'm happy for the negative."

*Meanwhile with Nath*

Nathan couldn't be any more relieved if he had tried. "Nath...what would you have done if it had been positive...and it was yours?" Nareesha asked.

"I wouldn't even know to be honest," Nathan said. "I'd want to father my child..."

"And you would have, but do you think that it would ruin her and Jay?" Nareesha asked.

"I don't know..." Nathan said. "What do you think she would've done?"

"Well she would either let you see your kid while she was with Jay...or she would have to break up with him and be with you," Nareesha said. "I honestly think she'd do the latter. She would want her kid to have a proper childhood."

Nathan nodded his head. In a way, he felt happy that it was negative and you'd still be with Jay. But, it also upset him that this would've been the only way to be with you again. "She wouldn't have been happy with me," Nathan said.

"Yes she would have, Nathan," Nareesha said.

"What makes you say that?" Nathan asked, "she probably would've divorced me as soon as our kid was like 10."

"That's not true. She wouldn't divorce you and you know it," Nareesha said.

"How could she live without Jay though? She's in love with him. And he'd probably be a better father too." Nathan said.

"Nathan, stop saying that. What's going to happen when you have kids? You'd be such a great father," Nareesha said.

"I guess..." He said. He then walked away from Nareesha, sort of sad, but still relieved at the fact that the test was negative.