Monster's Sacrifice

"Monster!" Shouted Steel as he bashed his hand on the glass. 

"I am sorry," Said Monster from behind the glass giving them a weak smile to the rest of his squad. Ruin and Ca'tar just watched in silence. 

"Just focus on the mission," Monster said to Steel. 

"Alright. Can you contain the toxins?" He asked trying to keep the worry out of his voice. Monster walked over to a computer and typed some things in. "Yep nothing is getting out of here. Not even the Monster." Monster replied chuckling.

Steel sighed and nodded. "How long?" He asked.

"10 minutes," Monster replied. "It's weird...they say your life flashes in front of your eyes before you die. All I see is three worried di'kut's," 

Steel laughed lightly. Ca'tar smiled lightly and Ruin just looked at Monster. "Well I want you guys to have something you can remember me by." He then said walking over to them and saluting. "It's been a pleasure and an honor serving with you all of you. I just have one request." 

"What is that?" Asked Steel.

"Keep up the fight, can you do that?" He asked.

"Yes," Ca'tar answered. 

"Of course." Said Ruin.

"I promise," Said Steel.

"Good. You know Wave and Lack? They are good kids I want them to replace me." He said.

"Will do," Said Steel. Suddenly smoke filled the room Monster was in and he began coughing. "Also. I don't want anyone opening this. Ever!" He said. They all nodded. 

"Good. Gentlemen. It's been a pleasure." He said saluting and they saluted back. Then the smoke made impossible to see but the line on the comm went dead. Tears came to all of their eyes. 

"We...need to leave." Said  Ruin. 

"Right," Said Steel his voice sore. They then turned and left the building. They went back to their ship. 

"Who want's to call this one in?" Asked Ruin.

"I will," Said Steel standing up and calling the General who told them about this. 

"Steel? How did it go?" Asked  General Archay Killdarn.

"Everything went fine Sir. We got the information we needed Sir." he said. "Sending it now." He then sent it.

"Is something else wrong?" Killdarn asked. 

"Yes sir, it's raining here." He said.

"What? The weather there is clear it never rains." The general replied. Steel looked behind him and saw both Ruin and Ca'tar where crying. Tears ran down their face. Steel turned back trears running down his now. "You're wrong Sir. It is raining."