Soft Side

Dark moved across the ground without a sound. He saw his target than with a quick move he and slit his target's throat and stood on the railing of the porch. One of the things that Dark learned as an assassin you had to do what others found impossible and have a good sense of balance.

Dark was a cold hearted assassin he didn't care for others...much. He kept to himself and did what he wanted. He sighed a bit and then he heard a thud from the other room. He walked in the other room and saw one someone else laying there and someone standing over them holding a dagger. The dagger he held dripped with blood.

Dark got ready to fight but when he looked at the person closely it was a clone. His face was now stained with tears. "First kill?" Asked Dark dully as he stepped into the light. The clone looked up, he was shockingly young and he sighed and said, "No....It's just that I thought this man knew where my brother was...but I didn't. I was upset." He sighed. 

Dark nodded. He knew the feeling of being mad and killing because of that. The young clone sighed and looked at Dark. "So...who are you?" He asked suddenly smiling at him. 

Dark looked at him, no one ever just smiled at him. Everyone was scared stiff of him. "Dark," He then said.

"The name suits you very nicely." the clone commented still grinning. 

"And your's?" Dark asked.

"I am Ashes!" He said as a strand of red hair falling in front of his face. Ashes sighed and began trying to blow it out of his face. Dark hid his smile. Suddenly an alarm went off before Dark could say anything or move. Ashes gripped Dark's hand and began dragging out of the room saying, "we need to leave."

He lead him to the porch and jumped off. Dark jumped after him and they both ran into the forest undetected. After a while of running they stopped to catch there breath and take a drink of water from the stream. Dark now got a good look at him. Ashes was dirty and his hair was noted together. Dark now could tell he was only ten years old maybe even nine.

Dark pulled out a cloth and said, " Sit back." Ashes did so and Dark sat down next to him and Dark dripped the cloth into he water and began whipping off all the dirt on Ashes face. After Ashes yawned sleepy and just cuddled up to Dark and fell asleep. Dark smiled. A real one. He picked Ashes up and began carrying to his ship. He began to realize he might have a soft spot for this little clone.