Price of royalty

Winter's P.O.V

What is the price of the crown? What are you willing to pay to take it? Some will do anything to rule. Kill. Destroy and much more. However, there are those who don't want the crown because of what you have to do to get it or what you have to do to get it. 

I don't want the crown. I never will. I don't want to pay the price of a life for an object of gold to rest on my head. I'd rather see it shatter. The way my home is that if the kind and queen have no children they will take the children of the most noble knights or niece or nephew of them and have the fight to death to see who gets the crown. That's what happened to me. The queen died and the king didn't have children so he took me and a daughter of a knight and raised us in the castle. We became like sisters. It killed me to know that one day one of us will have to kill the other. My father however was ruthless and will do anything for me to take the crown even if he will force to against my will. 

However, I knew if I left my home and ran my friend and sister will academically become queen. However I fear that if I do leave my father will find me one day and force me to return and destroy whatever life i have even if it means to make the world think I am dead...