thawing a frozen heart

Drara a planet set in the unknown region. A republic ship under attack by sepertests. A ship from Drara saves the republic ship and from that are offered to be able to join the republic. They take it under a few conditions.

Those where unexpected contionds though. It was to be able to help fight the war and to help train the clones and help make them with the kaminons. The kaminons refused but the Jedi council and the Senate agreed and forced the kaminons to comply since the resources that the people of Drara can give would be extremely help to the republic. And his is where our story begins.

A groups of five small cadets on kaminons huddled together as the kaminon looked them over. Defects, the kaminon thought as he where about to go sign them off to be terminated. However one of the Drarains also known as an Iks came over. It was a female one, with blue hair and skin. She also had blue eyes and her armor of the same color. Simple description she had a lot of blue but she made all of it work with the different blue shades and such.

"Excuse me. But where are those boys going?" She asks folding her arms and looking at the kaminon. "Termination." They replied dully without emotion to their voices. The Iks eyes widened and looked at the small boys. They couldn't have been more then three years old!

"No they aren't." She then said frimly. This Iks was a trainer on kaminon know and helped over see clone training. "I don't see any reason why they are going to be killed." She says glaring at the kaminon.

"Their tests-" the kaminon began holding a datapad. She just snatched it from him and read it over. "So? These boys just learn differently." She said looking over at him.

The male kaminon scowled and said, "Fine. You take care of them." She said smiles and bends down to the boys. "Hello." She says sweetly with a smile. She then tells them she'll be training them and taking care of them. She then stands up and says, "you touch these boys I'll skin you." She then smiles ever so sweetly st him and leads the boys away.

She let them go to bed early then took care of the details of being able to train them which of course where allowed however it was more reluctant from the kaminons but Iks can be very persuasive especially Kitara the blue haired Ika that had a heat of gold.

The next few days as she was training them the kaminon walked by and saw they where actually learning from here and training like normal cadets...Well almost normal. But from what he saw they where able to be come troopers. The cadets didn't see him watching but Kitara did she looked up and gave him a grin that read as "I told you so!" He scowled and Storms off.

"Mama?" Asked one of the cadets looking up at her. "What is it?" She asks gently not caring that these cadets called her mama.
"What ya smiling at?" He asks looking up at her with unblinking eyes.

"Oh. Nothing." She says and gents back to training them later when the cadets where taking a break Kitara went to find the kaminon to ask why we was staring and looking so shocked. She finds him in a room looking over some files.

"Go away." He said instantly. She rolls her eyes and says, "listen. Just want to ask you why you where watching us train." The kaminon sighs and said, "honestly. I was impressed of how you have trained theses... Clones." He says.

"They have names you know." She says firmly looking at the kaminon. "Speaking of names. Why is yours?" She asks.

"Kol sum." He says.

"That's too long." She said. "I'll call you Kol." She smiles then says, "by the way. Told you so!" She then walks out to find her boys. Kol watched her leave and shook his head.

A few days later Kol was walking down the hallway holding a data pad when he found Kitara holding one of her cadets and snuggling him and talking about to him. The small cadet held onto her and buried his head into her shoulder she just cuddled him gently. She rocked him back and forth in her arms. He fell asleep and Kol walked over. "What happened?" He asks.

"He just got a bit scared of the thunder." She said still rocking the young boy. "It's always thundering and raining here. He should get used to it." Kol says.

She glares at him and says, "he's just a boy. He's allowed to be scared of things. Everyone is." Kol looks at her and sighs. He had learned from the first day he met her arguing will be pointless. He just walked away.

"Hey! Wait." She called after him. He stops and looks over at her. "I never got to say thank you for letting me train them." She said smiling down at the cadet alseep in her arms.

He looks at her a bit confused. No one had ever thanked him before... He just stared at her and blinked.

"It's normal for people to reply your welcome." She said. He just mummbles something and walks away.

Time passes the young group of cadets Kitara worked hard to train made it to clone trooper. However a few hours after her boys left to go fight droids she was walking around Kaminon and she stopped. She saw Kol staring at another cadet who with his brother. Somehow they broke something and Kol just looked from the broken thing to them. The cadets looked scared. Kol let's out a breath and said, "just get out of here...You probably have somewhere to be."

The cadets looked surprised and ran off. Kitara smiles and walks over. "That was really sweet of you." She said to him. Kol just shrugs and starts cleaning up he broken glass. "Looks like your frozen heart is thawing." She said.

"Nonsense." Kol claims as he throws away the glass. "Yet you let those cadets go without punishing then and I've seen you smiles more." She states.

"It's nothing..." The kaminon said as he just walks away.

"Fine but I think smiles suit you better." Kitara states she then smiles and walks away. Kol then found himself smiling. He then shook his head. Kitara was just an annoyance and theses clones where just things.....No they weren't. Kitara was nice, caring, positive and these clones are human not things but human.... What was happening to Kol? He curses sightly and heads of the his room. He was going soft but truth be told? He didn't mind so much.