Ichimatsu x Emo!Reader

Ichimatsu sighed, slipping on his sandals. He had been your boyfriend for a while now, and Ben though he knew you'd never judge him or look down on him, he still felt a bit insecure about himself. He eyed his next of hair in the mirror, trying to smooth it down. His efforts were in vain as it stays at it's usual messiness. 

Well, not like it mattered. He knew you liked to run your fingers through his messy hair, so it didn't bother him too much. Just before he went to meet you he'd feel nervous, and would actually consider backing out, but once he met up with you he'd be comfortable with himself. You'd spend time visiting cats in alleys and hang out in each others houses.

Ichimatsu often expressed his worry for you whenever you went to his house though, and his brothers had no girl friends and would end up eyeing you up without thinking about it. You didn't find it as bothersome as a Ichimatsu, and he always held you close to him anyway. 

Since he wasn't sure of you coming to your house though, you came up with the idea of him coming to your house instead. The thought of being alone with you made shivers go down his spine, but he made sure not to think anything weird! He was just nervous, that was all.

His brothers didn't hide their jealousy, but were proud of Ichimatsu for finding someone he cared about. They said goodbye as he left the house, and Ichimatsu grunted in return, giving a lazy wave with the back of his hand.  

He sauntered his way to your house, knocking on your door. He patiently waited for you to answer, but you took longer than you usually did. He raised an eyebrow, then knocked again. There was still no answer.

Confused and slightly afraid, he slowly pulled down the handle. The door was unlocked.

When he opened the door there was silence, and all the lights were off. That wouldn't be a problem usually as it was still day, but the curtains were drawn as well, making the house pitch black. 

He started to feel worried. You weren't out were you? You called and said you were here earlier. Then again, that was a couple of hours ago... Did something happen? 

He resisted the urge to call out to you, in case there was extra company he had to watch out for. Being a naturally quiet person, he managed to silently move against the walls, not making a sound. 

He made it the living room area where the door was ajar. He pushed it open and it creaked. The Tv was on, but it was on low volume. His eyes flickered over to the seat you and him would sit close together on, but it was empty. His stomach started to feel like it was twisting up, but he tried to push the worried thoughts out of his head.

Moving on, he walked quietly to where your room was. As he opened the door he saw that the curtains were drawn here as well, and your bed was unmade. He finally saw what he was looking for. There on the bed was you, curled up in your bed. You didn't look comfortable, as your pillows weren't supporting your head and your cover wasn't providing you warmth. You didn't seem to be paying it any mind though. 

In fact, you weren't paying any mind to anything, as you didn't even move as the door opened. Ichimatsu stepped into the room and sat on your bed near our feet. You continued to stare into space, then suddenly jolted. 

You sat up in bed and looked at Ichimatsu, but feeling it was just your boyfriend you calmed.

"Oh, Ichimatsu. What're you doing here...?" You asked, your voice devoid of emotion. Ichimatsu could feel something was wrong.

"You invited me, remember?" He told you. "You left your door unlocked." He mentioned somewhat coldly.

You put your hands in your lap. "I must have forgot." You replied. He sighed in response.

"What if someone other than me came in? You didn't even notice I was here till I sat down." He continued. You realised how frightened he was for you. 

You held his sweaty hand in yours, and you could tell how anxious he was. 

"Sorry, Ichi." You called him affectionately, and his anger melted away. "I don't know what's up with me today... We were supposed to hang out, too." 

He shook his head, lying down beside you. Earlier in your relationship with him he would dare try this, but you were close now and comfortable with each others actions. You nestled close to him.

"We are already, don't feel bad." He said bluntly, but you knew he was being kind to you. 

"Still, I didn't want to act like this..." You told him quietly, almost whispering.

He shrugged, putting an arm around you waist. "Some things can't be helped. Now stop putting yourself down." 

You found it hard to smile, but just his presence for extremely comforting for you. However, you still felt a bit disappointed in yourself for promising a date with your boyfriend, only to lie here in the dark, not feeling anything. Ichimatsu seemed to sense you berating yourself again, and pulled you even closer, making you feel his warm breath on your neck.

"Stop thinking so hard. I'm tired anyway, so let's sleep." He mumbled, lifting up the covers. 

You still weren't sure. "But..." 

"Shh. Be a good girl." He said in a teasing manner. Even in the dark you could see his slight smile.

You decided to comply, getting yourself comfortable. Although he didn't say anything more, your mood started to improve. You felt warm and safe from harm with Ichimatsu's strong arms wrapped around you like you were a teddy bear. His clothes would usually be covered in cat hair but this time they were clean with a nice scent, lulling you to sleep. 

                   _______________________________________________

A/N: Requested by @Matsufangirl ! Hope this was enjoyable to read. It turned out to be shorter than my other oneshots but I hope the fluffy parts made up for it! 😊