Karamatsu x Penpal!Reader

After sleepily eating breakfast, each of the six Matsuno brothers went on to do what they wanted. They were all lazy with no jobs, so a lot of time was simply spent inside. 

As usual, Karamatsu tried to change some things. He wanted to be seem as cool and reliable, so he we out and stood on the bridge for hours in hope of someone approaching him. 

However, he was usually ignored. This didn't just happen outside, as when he asked if anyone would like to join him he received no response, not even a glance. 

The second eldest of the six only sighed, leaving the house in silence. He tried, but just couldn't stop the feeling of loneliness from surfacing. He didn't really have friends, he only spoke to his brothers and even then it was mostly one-sided conversations. 

Could anyone be happy with that kind of life? Karamatsu had a hard time with believing that. What else could he do though? 

He was losing hope when he passed by a newspaper stand outside. The headlines didn't particularly catch his interest, but he just wanted something to calm his mind and let him think about something else than his unpleasant thoughts. 

Flicking through a couple of the black and white pages, there was a list of names. The title above it said 'available penpals!'. 

Karamatsu couldn't deny he was curious. A penpal was like a friend, wasn't it? Maybe he'd meet someone and the pit of loneliness in his stomach would finally leave. 

He let his fingertip trace the page, his eyes moving down the list. A lot were from different countries, and Karmatsu was both reluctant and excited. Knowing someone from a completely different place would be without a doubt interesting, but would it work? He might not be able to understand them.

He shook off his pessimistic thoughts, and took the plunge. He noted the address and stopped by the stationary shop before going home. 

When he entered his house again, he didn't bother letting his presence known. He knew it wouldn't make much of a difference anyway. His brothers were lounging around the living room, so he hid away upstairs so he could start his letter.

Dear Y/n,

My name is Karamatsu. I saw you were looking for a penpal. I've never had one, but I thought it'd be a good opportunity to make a friend. 

I wonder if you'll be able to read this. I'm from Japan, so I of course speak Japanese. I think I'd like to visit [country] one day though. 

From, Karamatsu.

He looked over his letter countless times, biting his lip with uncertainty. It was short, so maybe it wasn't good enough. But then again, he wasn't sure what to say. He decided to leave it as it was, hoping this Y/n girl would give him more to talk about. 

                               _________________________________________

It took a while for her to reply, but Karmaatsu told himself that was normal due to how faraway she was. When he finally got a letter addressed to him, he had to stop himself from jumping with joy.

He carefully opened the envelope, gently unfolding the letter.

Dear Karamatsu,

Nice to meet you! I've never had one either, so we're even. 

As you can see I understand Japanese, I've been interested in studying it. [Country] is a nice place, there's lot of good spots to visit. 

I'd like to learn more about you, so I hope we can become good friends!