Prince!Jyushimatsu x Peasant!Reader [2]

Although you kept telling yourself a peasant like you wasn't welcome in the castl, the Queen and her sons continued to disagree with you. 

So, you were currently living with the royal family. There was still that unwanted feeling nagging at you though, so you tried to make yourself feel better by earning your keep. Washing dishes, sweeping floors, whatever ended to be done, you'd do it. 

Queen Matsuyo tried to tell you time and time again that your actions were unneeded, although greatly appreciated. She also dropped some clearly obvious hints that'd she'd love a daughter-in-law like you, but you ignored it with a red face.

Today you were doing some gardening, which was quite enjoyable. The sun was partly hidden away by soft clouds, but it's beam shone through and warmed the soil the seeds were in. 

You were working away quietly when a voice called your name. Looking up, it was no other than your favourite person.

"Jyushimatsu? What are you doing here?" You asked, a soft smile on your face.

He sat down beside you in the grass, beaming. "I wanted to see you!"

"You see me a lot, Jyushi." You replied, the affectionate nickname making his cheeks get hot. "I really can't thank you all enough for letting me stay here..." 

He waved his hand, a bashful expression on his face. "Hehe... It's nothing..."

You shook you head, now looking him in the eyes. "No, really! I'm so grateful, I don't know if I'd even be alive right now if it wasn't for you especially."

Jyushimatsu frowned slightly. "That's a scary thought."

"It is." You agreed. "But it's not like that, all because of you." 

The fifth brother didn't say anything, looking to be in a daze. You tilted your head at him, patting his shoulder lightly.

"H-huh?! Sorry, Y/n-chan, gotta go!!" With his voice raised, he quickly dashed away, taking care not to crush any flowers.

You simply watched after him, taken aback by his actions. 

'Well... It's not the first time Jyushimatsu's acted strange. I should probably just leave him be.'  You thought to yourself, resuming your job of tending to the flowers.

                                ________________________________________

"You didn't ask?!" There was an outburst from the eldest, pointing at his younger brother with a glare. 

Jyushimatsu stared back, visibly sweating. Todomatsu pouted.

"I can't believe Jyushimatsu-niisan is going to be the first to get married. What is this going to do to my reputation...?" Todomatsu mumbled to himself. 

Ichimatsu gave him a side glance, a dark aura practically emitting from him. "We know you're just in it for the money, Totty."

Said brother stiffened, but didn't attempt to deny his older brother's accusation. Choromatsu sighed. 

"I'm definitely not jealous, but even I thought I'd be the first to get married." He admitted. "Anyway, if you want Y/n-chan to be your wife you have to actually ask."

Jyushimatsu nodded, although his ears were red at the word 'wife'. 

"Hm-hm. Obviously our little Jyushimatsu needs help with his Jyushimatsu Girl. Luckily his older brother is an expert in romance." Karamatsu proudly said, planting a firm hand on the fifth son's shoulder. 

"Really?" Was all he said, looking hopeful.

Osomatsu nodded, although his eyebrows were furrowed from the slight sudden pain he felt. "Y-yeah, we'll help! We can't stay jealous forever. Besides, you and her are cute together."