Karamatsu [Age AU]

"Matsuno! Wake up and listen!" The teacher yelled, slamming his book on the table. Karamatsu woke up with a start, frantically looking around. Everyone in class giggled, and Karamatsu apologised sheepishly. 

Feeling sorry for him, you handed him a note.

'Isn't this the third time you've fell asleep in class? What's going on?'

Looking surprised, he lifted his head and met your gaze before you turned to the face the teacher. He smiled, then worked on his reply.

'Drama club has been taking up most of my energy, as well as my little brothers.'

Usually he'd make his sentences longer but he didn't want to get caught passing notes, especially since his teacher was already mad at him for his constant naps in class.

You shook your head slightly at his message. It wasn't because you couldn't believe it, but more so that you could see it happening all the time. He put so much time and effort in his drama duties, then even more into caring for his family that you had to admit you were a bit worried for your friend. You wondered if he managed last weeks test alright. 

Before you could write a reply, papers were being passed down from the front, and on queue it was the test papers. You looked at your score, then over to Karamatsu.

He had an expression of distraught, his face pale and making his dark eyes even more prominent. You put a hand on his shoulder and he jumped, hiding his score.

"It didn't go well?" You guessed. 

He let out a sigh. "No. Although my talent in drama is outstanding, my talent in answering test questions leaves much to be desired."

Although he was being serious you couldn't help but chuckle. He turned his attention on you.

"Never mind that, dearest friend. How did you fare?" He asked. 

You show him your paper in a humble manner. He wanted to be happy for you, but his face showed further disappointment in himself.

Noticing his despair, you tried to help. "You don't have Drama after this, do you? If you want we could go to my house and I could help you study."  

He looked up at you and beamed, then his face fell again. He reminded you of a puppy.

"That would be so helpful... However, I have the duty to pick up Choromatsu and Ichimatsu from school as Osomatsu is busy." He clenched a fist, bowing his head solemnly.

"That's okay, why don't we go to your house then?" You said. Karamatsu's head snapped up, his face looking slightly pink.

"M-my house?! ...W-well, that would be possible..." He mumbled. "The only problem is, my younger brothers will be there. I'd hate for them to bother you."

You waved your hand dismissively. "They won't! If they're raised by you they'd be anything but." You complimented and Karamatsu itched his cheek.

"Ah,ha... W-well then, shall we be off?" He asked, picking up your school bag. You nodded, and you left the school.

                    _____________________________________________

It took a while for Karamatsu to give your bag back to carry, insisting that it was his job to help a lady in need. You thanked him for his generosity but told him you handle it, so he gave up. 

While chatting during the walk, you finally made it to Choromatsu's and Ichimatsu's school. You had never met them, but from how highly Karamatsu spoke of them you weren't nervous.