Jyushimatsu x Comatose!Reader

Ever since Jyushimatsu was born, there was always some sort of commotion, and hearing lots of voices was something he was used to. Whether it was early in the morning when all his brothers were still sleepily complaining about someone being too slow to pass the salt, or later in the evening when they were all drunk, loudly laughing together for one minute, then bickering the next. 

That's why, now that he was sitting by your hospital bed, looking at your sleeping face with no ability to speak at that moment, the silence was more deafening than anything else he's ever heard. 

You got into an accident that resulted in a coma, and although he was elated that oxygen continued to enter your body, he wished he could see you open your eyes and smile at him like always. 

Despite him being so close, he felt terrible lonely as well. Sometimes he felt guilty for even thinking that, as you must have felt like you were alone yourself. That was when a nurse informed him that he could still talk to you, and so he did.

The hope of you at least being able to listen to his wavering words was but a glimmer, but one all the same. He told jokes that went unanswered, as well as stories from not too long ago. At times it'd be hard for the nurses to separate his for once visible hand from yours, but eventually he'd let go with the quiet promise he'd see you again tomorrow.

"Y/n-chan, listen to this!" He called, trying to keep his voice soft. It was another day, spending it inside this one room. 

"Man, it's rainy today. I forgot an umbrella too, haha!" He said cheerfully with a playful bonk to his head with his sleeve covered hand. 

There was no reply, only the sound of calm breathing. 

"But I saw some cats on the way here! I'd take them with, but I don't think they'd let me in with them, and I really needed to see you." He couldn't control the light tone in his voice from growing sorrowful, but he shook his head quickly.

"Anyway! Ichimatsu-niisan will probably find them! He's kinda like a cat. He actually scratched all of Karamatsu-niisan's clothes! That's no good, huh?" 

Jyushimatsu paused for a moment, looking down to take your hand in his. It felt far too weak and limp for his liking, and thinking of how lifeless you seemed... 

He shook his head again, thinking perhaps if he did it fast enough the thoughts would leave quicker. He can't start thinking like that! Positive, positive! 

Even if he said that though, there was a tiny thought in his mind of the worst outcome, one that wouldn't leave his mind no matter how many times he tried to forget it. The thought of you somehow never waking up, or worse...

"Um!" He quickly spoke before realising his loudness, covering his mouth with his free hand. He calmed himself, then began to talk again. "Well, even if it's raining, it's kinda nice huh? It's good for flowers! Maybe you can hear it, too?"

He didn't expect an answer of course, but hoped that you could at least hear him. 

"It'd be fun to look for bugs in this weather, like snails! They're small and hard to find, but that's part of the fun! Totty always get scared when I point one out, it's pretty fun." Thinking back at the memories, he couldn't help but laugh a bit.

"Ah, but as a big brother, that's no good huh... But Osomatsu-niisan can be mean like that too! Probably because we're all good for nothing NEETs, hahah!" 

As his laughter faded away, there was an uncomfortable silence. He's never really thought about how much it made him uncomfortable until now. It wasn't something he was used to, and he definitely didn't want to be used you being like this...