Karamatsu + Voice/Speech

A/N: There's what could be described as a panic/anxiety attack in this one. Just in case someone didn't want to read it. ^^

                           ___________________________________________

Learning to speak; it was something most children get taught, their vocabulary expanding as they become older. Some people had confidence in their speech and did well with the likes of public speaking, the others... Well, you were in that boat.

Although you learned how to speak as did every other child, it didn't come to you as easily as everyone else. You didn't know why, all you knew was that hearing you own voice always made you wince. You couldn't stand it, and because of that you made an effort to keep yourself quiet. 

Why was it that other people could talk so clearly and easily? Admittedly you used to hold jealousy towards those people, until you met your boyfriend, Karamatsu. 

He picked up on your dislike of speaking, but even still he conversed with you all the same. Eventually you opened up, but you couldn't help but still hold that fear that he'd laugh at your voice and speech pattern, but even tot his day you still remember the absolute joy on his face when you finally responded to him. 

Since that day he continued to subtly encourage you to speak more, and that you did. If it was in his company, you didn't mind talking, even if your voice sounded somewhat strange. 

He asked you out one day, his red face still noticeable even with his sunglasses obscuring his face. Hands were clenched tightly by his blue jeans, but he still looked straight at you for an answer, just like all those times before. In that nerve-wracking moment, you had confidence to honestly tell him how you felt,  and the two of you had been inseparable ever since.

So where did the problems arise if it wasn't your relationship. Well, communication is needed in daily life, whether it be in one form or another. That being said, you eventually had to use your voice. At first you were fine with that, after all you had grown a lot more confident than previously when you forced yourself to be quiet, and Karamatsu never made fun of your voice. 

Walking into one of the shops, you peered around. You weren't looking for anything specific, just some snacks.

It looked to be a bargain shop, but it was hard for to find anything of value. Everything was strewn about like someone tried cleaning up whilst drunk, and there weren't any labels indicating what was where. You sighed a bit at the mess. It was busy... 

A person in uniform was at a counter, eyebrows furrowed. You eyed then for a while, shuffling your feet. They wouldn't mind if you talked to them right? 

'Talk... Ugh.'  You folded your arms defensively, as if it'd protect you. 

... It would be fine, wouldn't it? You had gotten so used to speaking freely, but now it was as if you had zipped your own mouth shut. Now that you had stopped and thought about what ifs, your stomach was twisted up in knots. 

Your feet felt as if they had firmly planted themselves in the ground, and part of you wished they really were rooted to the ground. You were still standing by the door though, you had to move... 

As if feeling your stare, the person turned their head. Snapping out of it, you quickly stopped forward as to avoid any awkward misunderstandings. They saw you walking towards them, a lingering expression of stress on their face that they tried to cover up. 

"Hi, can I help you?"

People brushed past you, inevitable as the store was packed. You swallowed what felt like a stone in your throat, but it didn't budge.