Choromatsu x Reader

"Ah so cute, super, super cute!!" 

That voice belonged to your boyfriend, however his words weren't directed at you. You knew that girls were pretty much his weakness, and so that caused him to be nervous around them. If it wasn't you who took the first step in the relationship, you probably wouldn't even be together.

That's what he thought anyway, so why was he still gushing about other girls? It was idols, his childhood friends, and even his neighbour now. You didn't dislike the girls themselves, but you couldn't help but loathe the third eldest's actions.

So, you spent most of the day by his side glaring as he continued to fanboy. You were sure he'd at least notice your silence, but it seemed not. Even when he said nothing his face was aglow with total happiness... Just not directed at you.

After what seemed like an eternity to you, he looked over. 

"Eh, Y/n-chan? You've got a scary look on your face..." 

You've had enough. "Choromatsu, do you even love me?"

His face went beet red in an instant as his mouth wavered. "H-Huh? Um, w-well..."

You understood he was shy, but in this moment you were just too hurt and honestly angry at his consistent actions. You shook your head with a sigh.

 "I shouldn't have asked." With that you stood up from the floor. 

Choromatsu looked up at you, an expression of bewilderment on his face. "Wait, what are you talking about?" 

Instead of consoling you the words only added to your vexation, and like a cup filled to the brim, it spilt out. 

"What am I talking about?!" You repeated. The words tumbled out of your mouth before you could even stop them, but at that very moment you couldn't care less.

"Are you just with me for fun? Am I joke?!" You asked. His mouth opened to answer, but you didn't let him. 

"I thought... You felt the same way as me." Your voice quietened, as your irritation started to fade into heartache. 

"Y/n-chan..." Choromatsu called, unsure what to say. 

You turned away before the tears you could feel filling up in your eyes could show. 

"Goodbye, Choromatsu."

                        ______________________________________________

You walked down the busy streets at a brisk pace, your upset gaze directed at the ground your feet heavily stepped on. Various thoughts spinning around your mind. Were you not enough? Had he really always disliked you?

Soon you weren't even able to see your shoes properly, as they were only a blur. You sniffled, feeling pathetic.

For Choromatsu, he was surprised he hadn't fainted yet, as his laboured breaths and thudding heart were enough to tell him it was sure to happen soon. It wasn't just from running however, as he was filled with a different panic and anxiety than he ever has before. 

He knew he was a shitty NEET, but he was trying to change that! But things still worked out like they did. Was he truly as pathetic as he thought he was? Maybe you always disliked him for that.

By some miracle his aching legs managed to bring him near you, and he quickly called out. 

"Y/n, wait!!"

He couldn't have felt more thankful that he did when you stopped in your tracks, turning your head to meet his eyes. Even from the small distance, he could see the tears streaming down your face. He was immediately filled with sorrow at the sight, but he was overall relieved.