Ichimatsu x Guardian Angel!Reader [3]

Despite being used to a life of solitude after death, Y/n's heart always held an underlying loneliness that she didn't dare speak aloud in fear it'd overcome her, like being submerged into an endless ocean where she couldn't swim upwards to escape it. 

Although it was unspoken, she knew it was there all the same. That's why when she was recruited as a guardian angel, she was allowed to be by the side of the human. That alone filled her with immeasurable happiness, even if she couldn't interact with him. 

Such happiness only skyrocketed as her small lonely world opened up with colourful figures, all so different in their varying personalities. As such, there was a much more likely chance for some conflicting personalities to clash. The guardian angel already knew this from her time as the silent observer of course. Now that she had allowed herself to have a voice, she became the peacemaker, as one would expect from an angel. 

Fights and pointless arguments fizzled out and morphed into silence, simple sounds of pages being flicked and the rustling of clothing was all to be heard. It was strange in the Matsuno household. 

In defiance of her efforts to make things peaceful, the brothers feelings were everything but. They couldn't help but feel annoyed at the way things were, after all it was second nature for them to argue. It'd be over the silliest reasons, but at the end of the day they'd forgive and forget and things would continue as they were. 

With Y/n's much more vocal existence in their lives, things felt amiss and much too different from the usual rowdiness they were used to. As such an internal irritation built up and threatened to spill as she continued her actions. 

                               __________________________________________

"Hey, has anyone seen my phone?" Todomatsu questioned, eyes watching over the width of the living room. Osomatsu shrugged, Jyushimatsu apparently didn't hear.

Clicking he tongue, he peered behind the old-fashioned television and scoured the floor some more. "Are you sure? I'm giving you all a chance right now."

Closing his book, Choromatsu's frowned. "What do you mean by that?" 

Todomatsu's expression remained blank even as he rose his head to face his older brother. "Nothing, I'm just saying if one of you... 'Borrowed' it, then it's times to return it. That's all."

"Maybe you just left it somewhere?" Karamatsu spoke up, trying tone helpful. He was not met with politeness.

Todomatsu scoffed. "As if, I actually keep track of my stuff!"

With that passive aggressive reply, Osomatsu sat up. "'Actually'? Hey, you still think you're better than us, don't you?!"

Present as usual by Ichimatsu's side was Y/n, who's stood up to keep the peace.

"Wait, don't fight! Todomatsu, I'm sure your phone is somewhere! We can all work together and find-"

"Ah, that's super annoying." Although his tone was uncaring, it held a certain coldness. Y/n glanced over to see Osomatsu scratching the side of his head.

"Huh?"

"You're always doing that, butting in when you're nothing to do with something. How come you never leave us alone?" He conplained, looking off to the side. When his eyes glanced over to her face, his eyes widened.

Y/n hadn't realised tears were building up in eyes until they were spilling over her cheeks, the teardrops splashing onto the floor. Finally finding her voice, she spoke, however she was unaware and too upset to realise how shaky she sounded.