Choromatsu + Scars

Time spent with your boyfriend Choromatsu were often calm and peaceful, like as of now. He usually grew sick of his bringers antics so you'd invite him over, to which he'd be a bit flustered but overall grateful. 

For some your afternoons with him would look boring, but you wouldn't have it any other way. Sitting close together in the living room, reading... All of it was enjoyable for you.

Choromatsu was turning through a book, his ever present frown still on his face. A look of concentration was clear on his features as his eyes moved from page to page.

You on the other hand had picked up some magazine, flicking through the pages with half interest. Honestly, you were just feeling a bit sleepy and wanted to keep yourself awake for longer.

The articles in the magazines were what you'd expect, the monthly fashion trends and scandals you couldn't care less about. When you were skipping through it your hand froze, a page standing out to you.

'Are you beach body ready?! Check out our 27 tips-'

You stopped reading, resisting the urge to sigh. On the page was various model-level photos of women, and as the magazine said; they were on the beach. 

'The beach, huh.' A small smile rose on your lips. 'I wonder if Choromatsu would want to go? It has been hot lately.'

As quick as it appeared, your smile disappeared as a sudden realisation came upon you. Your eyes stayed on the pictures, a uneasy feeling settling in your gut.

'But then...' You blinked hard, refusing to acknowledge the dampness of your eyes. 'No, he wouldn't want to see me in a swimsuit. I'd look horrible.'

The longer you thought about it, the more tears built up in your eyes. Even if you wanted to stop, the very idea lingered in your mind. Although your skin was covered at the moment, you felt goosebumps line your arms. 

Why did you detest the idea of revealing more skin to your boyfriend so? Well, that was an easy but unspeakable answer for you. Although hidden, your body was covered in many scars, just caused by life.

Stretch marks, white marks from when you'd pick scabs, uneven lines scattered from your arms to the sides of your knees. 

There was just no way you could wear a swimsuit. He'd see all of it, all of those ugly scars... Even though you knew his love for you was true, you were sure he wouldn't think of your body the same way.

Unknown to you the tears you were trying to hide rolled down your cheeks, and it didn't go unnoticed.

"Y-Y/n-chan, what is it?!" Choromatsu asked, panicked. 

Your miserable gaze flickered over to him, and by then you couldn't help but sniffle. His already anxious expression worsened as he heard it, tentatively placing a hand on your shoulder,

"Wh-What's wrong? Did I do something...?" 

His worried inquiry only increased the amount of tears, and soon enough you had covered your face in shame. 

Seeing that you weren't going to talk right away, Choromatsu took to shakily petting your head in order to calm you. After a few moments of silence save for your quietly sniffing, he tried to speak to you again.

"... Please tell me, I want to know if I've upset you." He said with a tint of sadness.

"I... I'm fine." You tried to say, wiping at your eyes time and time again. "It's just hay fever."

His expression didn't change as he looked at you softly. "That can't be it, you look really upset."

You wanted to protest that you really were fine, but the rational side of you knew the effort would only prove to be fruitless. Surprising even himself, he bravely reached out a hand and wiped your wet tear-stained cheeks.