Ichimatsu x Timid!Reader

Tonight you were going on your second date with your boyfriend, Ichimatsu. The first date you was going to cat café, which you both loved. This time, you had a plan to go to the cinema. Ichimatsu, being a fan of horror, expressed interest in seeing the newest scary movie which you were unsure of.

It definitely wasn't because you were scared! And it wasn't because you wouldn't be able to sleep for the next week either! You just didn't enjoy horror flicks. Still, you wanted Ichimatsu to be happy, and accepted. 

You didn't tell Ichimatsu about your... Dislike of horror movies. It's not like it'd be that terrifying... Right? 

Anyway, you still had some time before that. It was already getting dark, so you imagined how dark it'd be once the movie ended... Shaking your head, you got yourself ready. 

It was quite cold, so you decided on wearing jeans and a big hoodie to keep you warm. You couldn't just keep stealing Ichimatsu's, that'd be unfair on him. Not that you were dressed, you had to prepare yourself mentally. It couldn't be that bad, Ichimatsu would be there too! You weren't alone.

Just  as you thought of him, there was a knock on your door. You got up from your couch to answer, and standing there with a bored look as always was your boyfriend. 

"Oh, hi Ichimatsu!" You smiled, happy to see him. Your smile seemed to get to him as he looking off to the side, embarrassed.

"Hey. You ready?" He asked, scratching his head. Remembering your unavoidable fate, your smile fell. 

You nodded. "Y-yeah, I am." You continued before he could say anything about your stutter. "Let's go, before we're late." 

Turning around, you locked your door, then linked your arm with Ichimatsu's. He looked down at you fondly. The evening air was cold, but with your snug jumper and Ichimatsu's body heat, you were warm.

                     __________________________________________

You and Ichimatsu made it to the cinema after a short walk and a bus ride. It was pretty sparse, with mostly older people waiting in line for popcorn and buying tickets. It didn't surprise you as it was late. 

Since you had already got tickets online, you both were able to go and buy snacks right away. Ichimatsu knew your favourites already, and ordered for you. As the line was short, he was done quickly. You both walked up to one of the employees who would check your tickets. 

The employee did so and waved you off with a smile. Not long after, you were soon settled in your seats. It seemed this movie was a popular choice, as there was quite a lot of people. You made it just as the trailers started, and you tried to calm your nerves.

The trailers that showed were horror-esque, making you feel frightened before the movie even started. You ducked your head down, and Ichimatsu noticed. He raised an eyebrow but decided not to question it.

Soon the trailers were finished, and the start of the movie began. You tried to ignore your shaky hands.

"Nothing's even happened yet, there's nothing to be scared of..." You thought. 

Suddenly there was a bang, and you  jumped. Peeking up at the screen after squeezing your eyes shut, you saw that it was only a typical jumpscare. That didn't help your quickening heartbeat as you felt someone's eyes on you. Turning to the source, you calmed. It was only Ichimatsu.

He seemed unaffected by the sudden jumpscare, and was only staring at you with concern in his droopy eyes. 

You smiled at him to mask your anxiety and watched you for a minute silently, then turning his back the screen.

For a while you did well in keeping yourself calm. You managed to time whenever something scary would come on screen, and closed your eyes so you wouldn't see it. The only problem was that nearer to the end of the movie, it got more tense, and you couldn't figure out when to look away.

Your hands gripped the armchair, your nails digging into the fabric of it. You couldn't look away from the screen from fear. The music got low, and the camera moved slowly, telling you something was coming. Yet you couldn't move at all.

There was a collective gasp that came from audience and a few shrieks, but you didn't understand why as your vision was going obscured. It felt strangely warm and soft. You felt it, surprised. 

Ichimatsu's hand was over your eyes, making sure you didn't see anything you didn't want to see. He let his hand fall and you looked at him. He only leaned against you, not meeting your eyes. From the light of screen you could see his face was slightly pink. 

You leaned into his shoulder, using it as a shield. You hand was still holding his, and realising this you threaded your fingers with his. There were a couple more jumpscares, and then the movie was finished. 

The lights came on, and the people in the audience stood up, ready to leave. You and Ichimatsu did the same, still holding hands. The both of you stopped outside the cinema where it was, as you expected, pitch black. Then you felt a slight weight on your head.

You turned to face Ichimatsu who was looking at you with a bored look. 

"Why'd you agree if you're scared so easily?" He asked, removing his hand from the top of your head.

You looked at your feet, suddenly shy. "I wasn't scared..." 

You heard him let out a chuckle and ducked your head down even further.

"Okay, I was... I thought I could handle it though. You wanted to go, so I did as well..." You confessed, face warm. 

His half lidded eyes went wide. "Eh, for me?" He didn't seem to believe it.

You nodded. "Yeah, I want to do things you enjoy too! Even if I hate it..." 

There was silence, and you looked up to him to see why he wasn't answering. Ichimatsu looked completely shell shocked, with his face a cherry red. 

"Uh, Ichimatsu?" You asked peering up at him. He didn't respond.

You waved your free hand, trying to get his attention. "Hey, you're still alive right?!" 

"No, I'm dead." He replied, eyes starting to focus. You punched his arm lightly.

"Jeez, don't scare me like that! Especially after we just watched that movie!" You huffed, and he couldn't hold back a laugh at your reaction.

"Heheh. C'mon, let's go home already." He said, holding you close. 

Even though the darkness of the night was frightening, and your nerves from watching that movie hadn't calmed yet, you felt safe with Ichimatsu. Even if he was going to tease you now and again.

                          _____________________________________________

A/N Requested by @the_scent_of_milk !

Hope this was okay, it's easier to write a oneshot with Ichimatsu when I write that he's already the reader's boyfriend. 

Thanks for reading!