Ichimatsu x Guardian Angel!Reader [2]

Since Y/n had already blown her cover as a guardian angel, she found it pointless to conceal her identity any further than she had. Truthfully, she was happy things turned out the way did, as it only meant she'd be able to speak to the person closest to her easily. Unlike before when she was forced to only watch over him silently. 

As she expected though, Ichimatsu wasn't the most sociable. He didn't seem to dislike her presence either though, so she counted that as a win. Since he wasn't the most social, it was easier to spend time with him. If he was always around people, you couldn't exactly talk to him or else people would look at him weird for talking to seemingly nothing. 

"Taking care of the cats again?" She questioned, crouching down next to him. She already knew the answer.

Ichimatsu shrugged in response. "Mhm. They kept staring at me at breakfast, so they must be hungrier than usual."

She beamed. "You're so kind!"

"... Whatever." He answered after a long pause, turning his head. The angel stifled a giggle. After watching over him for so long it felt as if they've always been close, despite never properly meeting. 

A soft frown appeared on her lips. The sorrowful expression was easily noticeable as she's always been so chipper since Ichimatsu met her. 

"What is it?" He asked gruffly, masking his concern. She blinked, then quickly covered her sudden sadness with a smile.

"Oh, it's nothing." She said. "It's just that even though I've been with you for a while, I feel like we're not... Real friends."

Ichimatsu didn't reply right away, but when he did it caught her by surprise.

"Are you taking back what you said?" 

Immediately she denied his claim, waving her hands desperately. "No, not at all! I've always wanted to be close to you!"

His eyes widened, and he quickly averted his eyes. "Wha- how can you say stuff like that so easily...?"

"Because it's true! That's why I'm really happy I can talk to you normally like this." She said with honesty. "I understand if you don't think the same. It hasn't been that long since you've properly met with me..."

Although she said that, the week that followed after she first spoke to Ichimatsu in the alleyway felt like the happiest time of her life. Probably since her past life was still long forgotten.

"... I don't care either way. Do what you want." Ichimatsu shrugged once again, lifting himself up from the ground and heading out the room. The angel watched him go, lost until she saw the pink tint on his ears. 

Although she's long since been dead as her heart had stopped beating, it felt warm as she watched him hide his face. 

                                    _____________________________________

Not having a need for sleep or anything of the like, Y/n stayed at the Matsuno household undetected to watch over- or rather spend time with Ichimatsu. It had been going well, although the other brothers noticed the cat's strange behaviour. They'd paw at what seeming to be thin air as well as meow loudly. 

Choromatsu spoke up about it as he frowned. "Hey, aren't they acting kind of weird?"

"Hm? What are you talking about, Choromatsu?"  Asked the second eldest. 

It took a moment for the person in question to reply. He gestured at the small crowd of cats surrounding the corner of the room that for once wasn't occupied by Ichimatsu.