Jyushimatsu

"C'mon, Y/n-chan!" Jyushimatsu excitedly called you over, waving his yellow sleeve.

You jogged over, trying to keep up. "I'm coming, I'm not as fast as you Jyushi." You lightly scolded, but you had a kind smile on your face.

"Hehe, sorry." He rubbed the back of his head. After his bashful expression faded, he resumed his wide smile and grabbed onto your arm.

"Let's go!" He proclaimed, and ran with you down the street. You felt your feet struggling to keep up with his, and you clung to him as to not fall and trip. After a short while of running, Jyushimatsu skidded to a halt so suddenly you ended up bumping into his back. 

After you steadied yourself, you looked to where Jyushimatsu was entranced and saw a vast park, over growing with luscious grass. There were a few stray benches a large distance away from each other, and an abounded swing set with the chains tangled together. 

The sight of a place that would usually be filled with families and a hangout spot completely empty filled you with a unexplained feeling of excitement, and it seemed like Jyushimatsu felt the same. Earlier, he had said he wanted to go somewhere with you but didn't say where. You weren't sure if he planning to bring you here, or found it just now with his strange luck.

Without saying anything, he dragged you along gently, and sat himself and you on the grass. When sitting it rose up to your waist, the wild flowers curling over each other.

You plucked some out of the ground and began tying the stems together, noticing Jyushimatsu stare at you in awe from the corner of your eye.

After a short time on working on your little project, you gestured for Jyushimatsu lift his arm, and he did so. After rolling up his sleeve, you gently put on a bracelets made out of flowers. His face brightened. 

"Oh! Amazing, Y/n-chan!" He complimented. 

"It's nothing." You said modestly, but you felt butterflies from his genuine happiness. 

"I need to give you something! Be right back!" He exclaimed quickly, then took off before you could say anything.

You couldn't help but smile at his excitement, and waited patiently while making more bracelets. In almost no time at all, Jyushimatsu returned.

"I've got it! Close your eyes now!" He demanded jokingly and you complied.

"Okay, okay..." You giggled. 

"Hands out!"

You did so, and after feeling something strange and uncomfortable to touch, you opened your eyes. 

What Jyushimatsu had placed into the your hands was a big beetle, it already moving along the palm of your hands. A squeal escaped you and you frantically tried to get it off. The beetle, disturbed by the sudden movement flew off and you tried to stop the hairs from standing on your neck. 

Jyushimatsu only looked at you with sad eyes, watching you wipe your hands along your jeans even though it was already gone. 

"Y/n-chan...?" 

Your eyes meet Jyushimatsu's and you feel guilty, but also still disgusted from touching a bug.

You take a deep breath. "I'm sorry Jyushimatsu... Was that your gift?"

He nodded solemnly, increasing your feeling of guilt.

"I appreciate the thought, but I... Hate bugs." You told him, shivers crawling up your spine from the thought of them.

"Eh? They're so cute though!" He argued, eyes dilated like a cats.

"To you, maybe..." You muttered. "Anyway, I don't need gifts. I have you."