Karamatsu + Balloon Flower

In Highschool, Karamatsu and his brothers became less like identical copies of themselves and started to become their own person, beginning to find out each of their own interests.

For the second eldest brother, this was Drama. 

When he entered the club room, he knew this was perfect him just from first glance. He was already looking forward to shows and wondering if he'd be good for the main role. Just from the sight of the costumes and masks, he was in love.

That wasn't his only love in his Highschool life, though.

There was another first year who joined, a girl who didn't speak much with a face he couldn't look away from.

She kept to herself mostly, and didn't speak to the other club members. Karamatsu wanted to get up and greet her, but wasn't sure what to even say. He still didn't even notice that his mouth was gaped open after seeing her.

As time went on in his school life, he still hadn't gotten any closer her. That was until they were both asked to handle things backstage. This would usually bring him down as he'd rather have a place on stage, but if he had any chance to spend time with her he'd take it.

They were given the job to untangle the wires so nobody would trip, so Karamatsu and her were kneeling on the floor in silence. 

He decided to try start up a conversation. "Shame we're on backstage duty, huh."

She looked slightly startled, looking up at him with a surprised expression.

"Oh, I don't mind. I'm actually sort of glad..." 

It was Karamatsu's turn to be surprised, "Glad? How so?"

Looking down at the wires in her hands, she spoke quietly. 

"I'm sort of shy around a lot of people... That's why I joined, I thought I'd get over it. Looks like I'm still a coward though." 

Shocked by her insecurites, Karamatsu ended up putting his firm hands on her shoulders without thinking. 

"Don't say that, the fact you're doing this at all is amazing!" He said, trying to be encouraging. He then saw the slightly scared expression and immediately took his hands back to his sides.

"S-sorry about that." 

She said nothing, then let out a quiet giggle. When he heard it he couldn't stop his face from flushing.

Raising a hand, she waved it dismissively, giving Karamatsu a kind smile. 

"Thank you, I feel better now." She told him genuinely. He nodded in response, not meeting her eyes. 

After a bit of silence, she spoke again. "I'm sorry you had to get stuck doing this though. You seemed excited about the idea of getting on stage." 

"Heh, of course! I'm made for the stage!" He boasted, closing his eyes. "But wait, how did you..."

"You could tell just by looking at you that you were looking forward to it." She replied, smiling slightly. Karamatsu could feel butterflies in his stomach.

'She was looking at me...?'

He coughed to mask his sudden shyness. "Is that so? Ha, ha..." 

She nodded, absentmindedly pinning her hair behind her ear, a habit Karamatsu took notice of.

"I'm sure you'll get a main part, you seem perfect for it." She told him genuinely. He was about to reply, but was interrupted.

"Hey, first years! Hurry up and untangle those wires, would ya?!"

                    __________________________________________________