Karamatsu x Pianist!Reader [2]

It had been a couple of days after his first encounter with the mysterious pianist. Karamatsu was desperate to learn her name but wanted to prepare himself first, and so spent those days practicing lines in the mirror and trying out different outfits to decide on what looked the most fashionable and cool. 

His brothers didn't think of much of his strange actions, as this was basically how he acted anyway. Karamatsu was honestly glad of that, as he couldn't but want to keep her identity (although even he didn't know it) a secret for now. 

Once he was sure he had only the best line and the most coolest of outfits, he set out on his journey. As he had expected, people just couldn't take their eyes off him! Their eyes were narrowed a bit, and they looked annoyed, but that's probably just because of the sun.

Soon enough he was standing outside the restaurant, the legs that had walked him all the way here now feeling a little wobbly. He couldn't and wouldn't turn back now though! Although his hands were getting a bit sweaty... 

The door opened, the bell hanging just above the door letting out a small chime. Not expecting it, Karamatsu was hit in the face. 

"Oh! Forgive me sir, I was going out on an errand." A very well dressed man apologised, bowing deeply. Judging by his uniform, he had to be a waiter.

Karamatsu rubbed his forehead, then fixed his lopsided sunglasses. "I-It's fine." 

"By all means, come inside. Our restaurant is well known not only for its food, but also its entertainment." The waiter said, his words sounding perfect as if they were rehearsed. 

"Ah, yes. Thank you." Karamatsu replied with a nod. The waiter stepped aside to let him in, and then disappeared down the street. 

Being the middle of the day, the establishment was filled with more people than on the lonely night when he had visited previously, but that didn't mean anything to him. Even if the place was packed, if he could see that lovely pianist again it'd all be worth it!

... That's what he told himself, anyway. But where was she?

The grand piano she played often was still sitting in the corner of room, but the seat itself was vacant. 

'Is it her day off?'  Karamatsu thought to himself. Although he tried to fight it, he couldn't help but let his smile settle into a soft frown. He didn't think of that, but he supposed it couldn't be helped. 

"Heh... Fate can be cru- booeh-!!"

In the middle of his 'awesome' monologue, the door to the restaurant opened once again, now hitting Karamatsu in the back. He lurched forward, hands reaching up to soothe the bruised skin.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" 

"H-Heh... No problem." In an effort to save his dignity, he stood up straight, (still wincing in pain despite his best acting) looking at the person who spoke to him. When he did, he practically choked on air in his shock.

Her face had the same expression, but it quickly morphed into one of happiness. "It's you! It's nice to see you again." 

Did he get a high temperature in the last few seconds? Because his face felt really warm! Then again that might be because it was hit earlier. 

He quickly posed, his hand under his chin in a finger gun motion. "Yes, it is I. It is an honour to see you again." 

She laughed lightheartedly, her face as bright as her smile. "I wouldn't say it's an honour... But thank you. What brings you here?"

"What else other than to hear the sounds of beauty itself, made possible by the siren's fingers?" He stated boldly. The woman's face was blank for a moment before her lips parted in surprise.