Chapter 1

This is Nicole and Torie at the age of 12 and 2 on top, Nicole being older of course.

And this is them now:

This is Nicole:

And this is Victoria on the right:

Nicole's POV

"Colie how much longer till we get to the city?" complains my cousin Torie and looking rather tired, "her real name is Victoria but I call her Torie for short. We both have been riding on our Quarter horse for the past two days her name is Sky she has a white coat with light brown spots all over her body and a white mane and tail. We got her after the fire killed Torie's parents and burned down the house we were able to get Sky out and a few supplies but it was still had to create a camp. Thankfully we all had enough money to buy a tent that was when we were still with Allie," I think sadly.

"You know as well as I do how long it takes to get there Torie, you need to learn to track it may seem boring but it will help you in the long run ok?" I tell her with a smile.

"Ya I know but it is starting to get dark now you know," she tells me I had not realized that it was already so late so I nod my head to her and we stop to rest for now. I start a fire and wrap my cousin Torie in a quilt she made with the leftover furs we sell, and keep for ourselves earning a little bit of money from the furs we sell. We go out once in awhile buy ourselves a few coats or new supplies since we live in the wilderness and ye we do buy soap and conditioner but we have heat up the water to make it warm and it is cold out here. We do buy few necessities such as me being older than Torie I still need women things and soon Torie will too but for now we will bear with what we have for now.

I set up some traps in case of predators and tell Torie to go ahead sleep for now and while she sleeps I have my gun next to me while I sleep outside the tent and a knife in my pocket and let sleep take me.

I woke up to a rustle and ready my gun quickly and see that it is only Torie coming out of the tent, "You ok Torie you sleep good?" I ask her she looks at me and nods her head.

I grab my canteen and freshen up with Torie we both know that we will need to melt some snow later but for now we pack up again and head out.

"So do you think we will be able to get another horse this time?" asks my cousin Torie both her and I are really alike we both love the color yellow, and horses, when we were little, well in Torie's case she was a lot like me instead.