Chapter 23

Recap

.

.

.

"I just do ok." she says in a curt tone as she buries her face farther in my arm not wanting me to see her.

"Alright," I say as I stroke her soft head with my other hand she tenses up at first but then eases up and leans into my touch. "My little mate, my lou-dte kale," I think in my head.

Nicole's POV

It had been about thirty minutes since La'jar and I were alone together and I was already missing him being close to me "UGH!" I thought in my head. La'jar had suggested that I get Torie while he saw the preparations of our arrival and the Physical for Torie and I.

"I couldn't deny how easy it was to leave my guard down when I was with La'jar, I hated that I was becoming dependant on him for comfort! I mean back when I was on Earth in the state of Alaska I didn't need a man let alone a male to keep me comforted, and safe and welco- AH! Curse my Mind! Why can't I hate him like I use to?! what is wrong with me!? I think in my head frustrated but the way he calms me down whenever I was stressed or overthinking things Ah! There I go again!" I thought in my head

"You know you like him," says my self conscious.

"Oh, shut up! Who asked YOU!" I yelled at my internal thoughts as I made my way back to La'jar's room.

"You can't deny the attraction you feel for him and you know it there isn't a man like him anywhere else where he's willing to give you the universe," said my self conscious trying to reason with me al this I shake my head as I walk into La'jar's to see Torie not in there I started to panicked.

"Torie!?" I shout now worried for my cousin's well being and start to look around the area for he.

"In here!" says my cousin shouting from the bathroom and easing my nerves as I calm myself and grab what looked like a towel and walked into the bathroom where I found Torie playing with the bubbles in her bubble bath that was made for practically seven full grown Yautjan.

"I see someone is having fun without me," say coming up behind Torie so I can clean her backside as she messed around with the bubbles.

"Where were you? Aaeesha had to wake up saying my bath was ready but I didn't see you and La'jar when I woke up." says Torie as look up at me with her head tilted back and her back still facing me.

"I had some things to discuss with La'jar is all," I say to her as I strub her head with one of the essential oil soaps.

"What kind of things? You two are mates now, so... it's ok to talk about adult stuff ri- Ah!" I cut her off as I pour a bucket of water over her head to shut her up because I didn't want to have this type of conversation with a nine year old.

"Yes we are mates and you aren't allowed to talk about adult thing until you are fourteen young lady!" I say scolding her as I now lather conditioner in her hair.

"Awe come on! I don't want to be the odd ball when you and Allie have these conversations," she says pouting as I massage the conditioner in her hair.

"Trust me when I say you don't want to trouble yourself with adult drama it's the worst kind and on top of that what gave you the idea that you were the odd ball out of the three of us?" I ask her I as I have stand under the waterfall as I wash all the conditioner out of her hair.

"Well it's because I'm so young and everyone praise at how smart you are despite being so young they say that you have acquired a vast amount of knowledge and are just as wise as some of their Elders even," says Torie as she fishes with her bath and wraps herself in her towel.