Chapter 57

RECAP

.

.

.

"La'jar are you kidding me?" I ask him with a deadpan look.

"No I am not, I assure you, how is Neveah going to be an older, ooohh..." he says as he looks at me and then my still flat abdomen finally getting it!!! "Damn is he dense! But he is the one that I love and now father of my child and children to come," I thought in my head as he puts Neveah down and wraps me in his arms as he swings me around causing me to squeal and giggle at his behavior.

"You with life?!" he asks me as I place his hand on my abdomen and nod my head smiling.

"Yes and my first appointment is for tomorrow," I say looking up at him happy that he's as excited as I am. La'jar started to purr and nuzzled my head happy to hear the news then Neveah started to complain that she wasn't getting any attention so we all left the room to tell the rest of the tribe the news I know Torrie will be surprised to know that she's going to be an Auntie in less than a year again.

La'jar's POV

I was shocked to say the least that Neveah had not only acknowledged me as her father, but My Lou'dte kale and I were expecting our second pup. "I was going to make sure that I stayed to see our second be born I never got the chance to see Neveah be born so I sure as not going to miss this pups birth," I thought in my head determined as I wrap my arm around my Lou'dte kale's waist while she held our pup Neveah.

After we had told the tribe that Nicole was expecting our second pup she got many congratulations and as always Torie was over excited and meeting her new future niece or nephew as Nicole puts it kindly.

Many of my male clan mates had congratulated me on the new arrival that is to come and of course we talked a bit of politics. It was many hours until we could leave once again and retire to our quarters Neveah was staying in Victoria's Quarters for the time being. Nicole had wanted to make sure she was being watched over and over the last few months Neveah's crying in the mornings had stopped. Torie seemed to be the most grateful at getting more of her as she puts it beauty sleep at night.

Nicole layed Neveah down in her crib while I tucked Torie in who seemed to be giggling when Nicole kissed her forehead. Torie had told her good night with a yawn as she fell into a blissful slumber with Neveah who seemed to most tired. Finally we were in our own quarters to rest until we were to meet the Elders ugh today has been a very eventful day as I got word from a messenger that the Elder's had wanted all the Lou'dte kale's to bring their creatures. Nicole has already gotten her creature drawn on her finally completing her standing as my Lou'dte kale and with me being second in the rankings of the clans. The other clans will want to test her since she is new and we rarely meet with one another unless it was necessary or in Lou'dte kale Alexis's case family.

"La'jar are you alright?" asked my lou'dte kale as she had already changed into her sleep wear and climbed into the bed with me sitting on the edge and I'm not looking at her.

"What's wrong La'jar, I can tell when there is something bothering you," she says as I continue to not look at her.

"I do not want you to worry my lou'dte kale, it is bad for our pup that grows inside of you," I say trying to use that as a way to not talk about this subject.

"You know as well I do, what you are doing and it's not going to stop me from worrying when I see my mate stressing so much over it. What is wrong La'jar? You know you can tell me anything. Why are you keeping secrets from me?" she says coming to the edge of the bed and and standing right infront of me as she holds my face in her hands to look up at her. Her toned stomach bearly protruding that there is life growing inside of her and making me feel knots going inside of my stomach.